Question

I am not one to complain about things because I understand things happen, but man I had noidea buying a washer and dryer was so frustrating. My husband and I purchased a washer and dryer and set up a sears credit card in the process.

My husband and I purchased a washer and dryer and set up a sears credit card in the process. That process was fine and we received our washer and dryer two days later. Here is the frustrating part: We never received our credit card in the mail or info about when to pay our first bill. We called and found out they had the wrong address. Ok fine, we fixed. So we thought. Another 2 weeks went by, not a thing from sears. Called again. My address was STILL wrong AND they changed my account to my maiden name! What!? How did you even know what my maiden name was!? Another 2 weeks go by. Nothing. Call again. ADDRESS IS STILL WRONG! It’s not like I have a confusing address. I don’t get it. Well I have a payment due the next day apparently! Can I make a payment over the phone? Yes, with a check. Who carries checks with them now days? So, I have to go to the store and make a payment with my card. Nope, can’t do that because they said “our systems are too old that we can’t take debit card payments. Check or cash only”. Ahhh. I just want to pay my freakin’ bill. Pulled cash out, paid my bill. 2 weeks go by, still nothing from sears and what happens?? My BRAND NEW washer is having problems.
Ok I understand mistakes happen, but come on! I have spelled out every little number and letter for my address and now by washer is broken??
I honestly do not think I will back to sears for any appliances.

Answers

3 answers

1. Ashley89
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your post today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a disappointing experience with your recent purchase. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the washer and dryer was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Ashley89) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Social Media Moderator

2. Hi Ashley89! I am so sorry to hear about this confusion with your new credit card and any problems you are having with your new washer. Please check back on this thread soon for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will do what they can to get this straightened out for you. Thanks!

3. Did you get a sheet of paper with the terms and interest rate? The bank that hold that Sears Card should be on there, I'd just call the bank and straighten it out.