Question

I am ver upset and disappointed with the poor customer service and unfair treatment I receivers while trying to purchase a washing machine on 11/4/13. I made the purchase around 10:00pm online at searsoutlet.com and received a confirmation email with Order# 11043265676 (Salescheck 093220148485) at 10:09pm explaining that the store was closed and that my order would be promptly processed the following morning when the store opens. The next morning 11/5/13 I received a second email at 10:25am confirming that my purchase of Item#: 02645853991- 5.2 cu. ft. MegaCapacity Steam FrontLoad Washer Graphite Steel was ready for pick up, with a breakdown of charges and instruction on where to come pick my washing machine up, I gotta a great deal Right, WRONG, so after renting a vehicle for 70 non-refundable dollars to go to columbus to get my washer I received a third Email stating that my oder was canceled and apologies for any inconvenience, So I called sears outlet.com customer service line and spoke to Karen who called the store where I made my purchase and put me on the phone with a manager named Steve, he explained that my washer was sold that morning and there was nothing he could do for me, but offer a $100 gift card on another purchase, and that was not acceptable, so Karen referred me to the customer relations line and I spoke to Roberta. She offered an additional 10% which still wasn’t acceptable because I brought the washer for $729.00 + tax and with a $100 gift card and 10% off the cost still would have been more by hundreds of dollars over what I paid for the washer originally, so Roberta says she emailed a district manager and that district manager would call me back within 72 hours, which doesn’t seem like a rush to satisfy my issue to me, but anyway it is now Saturday night 11/9/13 which makes this 4 days later, over 96 hours and still haven’t received a call or an email or any other form of contact from a Sears official trying to resolve this matter. I’m very upset and very dissappointed that I could buy something from a big company like Sears and have my credit card charged for the purchase, and have my purchase sold to someone else. I see the same washer on sale still on this site and in stores, it seems easy to me for Sears to make good on my purchase, but haven’t yet and I’m still waiting for someone from Sears to deliver the customer service that a long time patron of Sears should deserve!

sears outlet refrigeration laundry lawn & garden dishwashers cooking tool storage

Dear Searsoutlet.com Customer,

Thank you for placing your store pick-up order at Searsoutlet.com. At the time you placed your Order 11043265676 (Salescheck 093220148485), the store was closed.

Your order will be promptly processed when the store opens the following day. You will receive your Ready for Pick-up email when your order is ready.
Item#: 02645853991
5.2 cu. ft. MegaCapacity Steam FrontLoad Washer Graphite Steel

Sincerely,

The Sears Outlet Online Team

sears outlet refrigeration laundry lawn & garden dishwashers cooking tool storage

05-Nov-2013

Dear Sean,

Please scan at
Merchandise Pick-Up
Thank You For Your Order!

Your SearsOutlet.com order number 11043265676 is ready for pick-up. Please see below for order details and pick-up instructions.

Thank you for shopping at SearsOutlet.com. We hope you enjoyed your online purchase experience. We truly appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Please bring the following with you to pick-up your order.

• A printed copy of this email message

• If you paid by credit card, you must present the same card at the pick-up location in order to claim your order

Order Information

Order placed: 04-Nov-2013

Name of the person Picking Up
Sean W.
Email of the person Picking Up
***@yahoo.com

Billing address:
Sean W.
**** *** Road

***, OH 44112

Daytime Phone: ******
Evening Phone: *******
Email:
******@yahoo.com

Store location for pick up:
SEARS STORES
4411 W BROAD ST

COLUMBUS, OH 432281620
Store phone:

Store hours are:
M-F 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sat. 10:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Sun. 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

Items for pick up

Item Qty. Price

5.2 cu. ft. MegaCapacity Steam FrontLoad Washer Graphite Steel

Item #: 02645853991
Salescheck #:

RC:****-****-****

1 $ 749.93
Item Total: $ 749.93

Initial subtotal: $ 749.93
Additional savings: $ -20.00
Subtotal: $ 729.93
Sales Tax: $ 51.09
Shipping Charges: $ 0.00
Total: $ 781.02

Total charged: $781.02

CreditCard: $781.02

Returns and Cancellations

Dear Searsoutlet.com Customer,

Thank you for shopping at Searsoutlet.com. Unfortunately, the store was unable to fulfill your order 11043265676 (salescheck 093220148485). As a result, your order was cancelled. Please accept our apology for this inconvenience.

YOUR PERSONAL ORDER INFORMATION
===============================

If you would like to select another store, please visit us at www.searsoutlet.com to place a new order.

If you have any questions, please email us at oultet@customerserservice.sears.com or call us at 1-877-927-7957.

Sincerely,

Answers

5 answers

1. Seanmaurice, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We certainly can see why you are so frustrated with what has occurred with your online purchase. We would be happy to connect you with one of our case managers to look into this further and address your concerns. We have forwarded your information provided in this post over to our case management team. If you any addition concerns, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (seanmaurice), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

2. Good customer service would require that the merchant not only provide the item that was purchased, at the price that it was sold at, but would also make the customer whole for any costs associated with the merchant's failure.

In this case, this would mean selling them the same or better (in the customer's view) item at the agreed upon price, and also delivering it to the customer's home at no charge, at a time convenient to the customer

We all know that this will not happen in this case, instead the customer will have to fight to get the refund credited to their card, and will be expected to accept a higher price and the loss of the cost of the rental truck

3. Hi seanmaurice,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us on this issue. I can see how upsetting this can be to you and am very sorry that you had to experience it.

Your concerns will be escalated to our Sears Cares team who will do everything they can in helping to resolve this issue with you. All personal information will be forwarded to our team, for you security we will be removing from your post.

Once our Sears Cares team response, I will be reaching out via email re-directing you back to your thread for further contact.

Again, we appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

I too have been disappointed at Sears.com cancelling an order that was bought and paid for. I recently bought 3 laptops for work and paid for them. The next day, with no reason, the order was cancelled and the money refunded. Though I understand how this can happen, it is still a lousy business practice to sell what you can't deliver. When I called customer service (kudos for them answering the phone) they were very polite, but couldn't do much to help. That's disappointing for such a great name as 'SEARS'. I do commend them for refunding the money so quickly.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks for sharing this experience, Drelinger. I'm sorry to hear the laptop order was cancelled.

See More