Question

I bought 2 dehumidifiers & service contract. Contract on back says I will get replacement if recall. Units recalled and now I am told I get whatever the recall wants to pay (about 1/2 of price of new replacemnt). Service contract is worthless in the event of a recall?

Answers

3 answers

1. Which 'Protection Agreement' did you purchase. Most of them have 'we can wriggle out of it' clauses should you really read what you have agreed to.

2. IndustrialRepairGuy,

We are sorry for the trouble you have encountered with getting your faulty dehumidifiers replaced. Please accept our apologies for any miscommunication involving replacement and units that have been recalled. We certainly understand your frustration and are glad to look into this in order to help clear this matter up.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your dehumidifiers were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (IndustrialRepairGuy) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi IndustrialRepairGuy! We can get you in touch with a SearsCares team member to look into this replacement issue for you. Check back on this thread shortly for a reply.