Question

I bought a diswasher on June 9th,2013, that was installed June 12th. Used it for the first time on June 14th and the top rack was broken. Trying to now exchange or return, given the ridiculous treatment when trying to obtain service, and getting the run-around. Would like to know if there is one representative to speak with to get this taken care of? I really need a functioning dishwasher!

Answers

5 answers

1. Is it an adjustable rack? If it is the clips might be uneven, pull up on the rack till all the clips are at the highest point, or you can click the clips down to the lowest level. See if that helps.

2. Dear LAEB,

We are truly sorry to hear of the issues that you are experiencing with your new dishwasher and for the trouble with trying to exchange the unit. It’s clear that we have caused some unneeded frustrations with this situation. We would like to take this opportunity to address your concerns and resolve this issue as soon as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (LAEB), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com and we’ll be in touch!

Thank you,
    Misty H.
    MySears Community Moderator

3. Have you contacted the store where you bought the dishwasher? I'm sure the folks who sold it to you would appreciate the chance to help solve your issue.

• San Jose, CA

What was the Service inspection date supplied to you, to determine if the machine can be repaired?

Your posts indicate 5 days has elapsed from installation date, to the date you posted your concern.

Many service dates are in excess of one week to have an open slot booked for a service appointment.

Is there NO service being supplied?

Or, is your perceived service level - too slow?

4. Welcome, LAEB! Sorry to hear your new dishwasher is not working properly! A SearsCares team member can help get this exchanged for you. Check back right here soon for a reply. They will request a bit more information from you and then directly reach out to assist. Thanks!