Question

I bought a kenmore elite washing machine (top of the line at the time) 18 months ago. I called tech support to see why there was not power all of a sudden and they could not help at all. A serviceman came out and said the control mondule failed and that it would be about a $700 repair because the warranty was only good for one year. I called and talked to a supervisor explaining that this part is not a wear part and should not fail this early and asked him if he could do anything to help with this problem. He said “There is nothing that anybody at sears can do on an out or warranty product … no exceptions. Is this truly the case and level of support a loyal customer can expect from sears?

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear denndad,

My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’re sorry to hear about the problems encountered with your washer and for the level of customer service received when you reached out for our help. We’d like to talk to you and have one of our dedicated case manager contact you to address and ensure proper resolution for your washer repair. Please rest assure that our goal is to make sure that our customers are taken care of in a timely manner and we’ll do everything possible to make sure you’re taken care of. Please re-send the following information – contact #, screen name (denndad), your phone # used at time of purchase, and case number to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,
    Edwin C.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, denndad! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry you are having such issues with you washer and it's repair. The SearsCares team will be able to help make sure you are taken care of. Please check back right here shortly. A team member will touch base requesting more information so they can directly connect with you.

Thanks!