Question

I bought a yt 4000 6 months ago with a 1 yr warranty, when I call about a bad battery, they tell me that part is only covered for 90 days! Way to go SEARS. Guess you are another LOUSY COMPANY not worth dealing with. Guess CRAFTSMAN’S WARRANTY IS WORTHLESS ALSO NOW!!! Last time I PAY EXTRA FOR A CRAFTSMAN.

I used to use Sears because they had a great warranty, and most importantly it was HONORED! I wish it was still that way, but here is another American Company who has decided the almighty dollar is more important than their reputation.

Answers

2 answers

1. Craftsman tractor batteries have had a 90 day warranty for as long as I've been with the company, and presumably a long time before then. Generally, when a sales associate is selling a tractor, that is one of the things brought up to differentiate the manufacturer's limited warranty from the Repair Protection Agreement, which covers the battery (as well as belts and tires, which are also never covered by the same terms as the manufacturer's warranty) for up to 5 years, including replacement and installation of the new battery.

It's also pretty standard for batteries on tractors to not be covered under the normal warranty and to have their own terms of coverage including how long they're covered (generally 90 days).

On a separate note, the manufacturer's limited warranty on your tractor should be 2 years, not 1.

2. NoMore8119, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. I am very sorry to see that you had such a frustrating experience with your tractor. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with your battery. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (NoMore8119), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

See More