Question

I brought a lawn mower in for warranty repairs & they refuse to honor the warranty & their service person could not even find the serious oil leak. It is written on the paperwork that it was brought in because of an oil leak, but he said it is not on the paperwork (we have a copy, it DOES state that…) – they want to do a bunch of other stuff to it that is not warranty work but those things will not stay fixed until the leaky O-Ring is replaced like change the already new air filter & filed down spark plug. Why won’t they help us with our real problem? We have heard these particular mowers have to be replaced a lot & are not happy about this at all…

Answers

7 answers

• San Jose, CA

What is the long model number of your mower?

1. Dear scphome,

Hi, my name is Dee M. with the Sears Cares Team and I am truly sorry about the difficult time you have had trying to have your mower repaired. We will be happy to speak with you and address the oil leak issue you are experiencing. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (scphome), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com.

Thank you,

Dee M.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-DeniseM

We finally got the Mower back after 2 Months and it cost $160.00 (approximately) for the "Repairs". I have kept the receipt.In the process of fixing the Mower, they had to remove the motor from the body, therefore replaced the O-Ring that was leaking anyway... They found that the motor needed some repairs & did those repairs for "free" as they claimed the warranty called for... They charged us for replacing a Brand New Blade (used only 2 times) that they claimed was "dull" and for replacing the Blade Mounting piece called the "Star" that fell into 10 pieces when we changed the original blade that was also "dull" after only 3 or 4 uses - As well as charged us to replace the Brand New Air Filter & Spark Plug that were ruined by the Oil Leak after ONE use... As well as the Oil to refill the Mower... Needless to say, we will use the mower's life out & never make another serious purchase from Sears or K-Mart again...

2. In response to SHC-DeniseM

But thank you for your offer of help... At least I know that if I do choose to purchase something else, or if the vacuum I purchased tears up, then I can count on help from here... :)

3. In response to SHC-DeniseM

or even the Game System or crib we bought... we love Sears & the basic Customer service here in Columbus, it is the repair Shop that seems to not have it's act together... The Floor sales people are great...

4. In response to SHC-DeniseM

Hi there, scphome! Thanks so much for posting your feedback. I am glad to hear you get such great service at your local store. Please do be sure to come back and visit anytime!

2. Hi scphome! Welcome to MySears! I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your mower and its' subsequent repair. We can have the SearsCares team sort this out for you, if you would like.

Check back here in a bit for a reply from a team member. They will visit soon with an offer to help.

Thanks!

See More