Question

I cannot get my water filter installed after removing the old one. It’s model # ADQ36006102. Following the steps in the directions however it will not go into place

Answers

3 answers

1. Hi Supertrio! I checked in with our Appliance Experts. Here is their tip on helping to get that water filter changed out:

Thank you for your question. Two possible causes of your problem come to mind. First, the tabs on the filter may not be lining up. Per the owner's manual the tabs should be in a horizontal position. Push in on the filter until it srops. If the tabs are a problem then trying another filter may solve the problem. If two filters just will not fit into place then something is wrong with the filter housing and this would be better checked and replaced by a Sears technician. I hope this helps.

2. Hi Supertrio! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. We can have an Appliance Expert help walk you through this water filter replacement. If you could also post the model number of your fridge, that would be useful. Check back right here in a bit for a reply.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hello and thanks for the question about your filter issue. The first answer you recieved is right on track, I would only add that you try reinstalling the old filter. If the old one goes back in okay and you are aligning the new one correctly, you may need to return it for another. If you continue to have a problem please reply with the model number of the refrigerator and we will be happy to respond.

Ron H.

See More