Question

I had a very bad experience with Sears Customer Service when I asked for help in returning a kitchen sink I purchased on Sears.com. The manufacturer was helpful, Sears basically hung up on me. That is the last item I buy on Sears.com that cannot be returned to Sears. Has anyone else had a product return experience where Sears was of no help…

Answers

7 answers

1. Do not ever under any circumstances buy a Television from SEARS. Why, I was supposed to get it fixed free under extended warranty. They said the part had to be back ordered. 6 weeks go by still no part. Keep in mind now I find out SEARS should have given me a new TV, but they didn't. They instead contact me by a recorded message- yes a machine. I could barely understand. But, to the effect they were going to give me $200 toward a new set. I said we do not live near a SEARS $200 is not enough. The extended warranty just now would of expired. Sears c/s is calling me to follow up about what happened. I told the guy that it was indeed a c/s failure and ****-poor, and actually below poor it scrapes the botton. He agreed. I told them I will never ever buy a TV from SEARS again period, and especially not an extended warranty. Done with them. l****@gmail.com

1. In response to lakecityjohn

Hi there, lakecityjohn!

Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting today. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you have had with your TV. I have passed your concerns on to the SearsCares team, who will be by shortly looking to help. As soon as they post a response, I will sure to let let you know via email.

Thanks!

2. In response to lakecityjohn

Dear lakecityjohn,

Thank you for sharing your most recent Sears repair experience with us. Providing top quality customer service and repair is our top priority and its obvious that we have let you down. At this time we would like to speak with you directly and see what we can do to make things right. Please send the following information – the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well add the screen name to reference your post (lakecityjohn), to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
      Isaac D.

MySears Community Moderator.

2. I was granted an exchange after the receipt had expired for a washer and dryer set that cost 3200. The appliances didn't work properly so I went ahead and picked a different set that was 2400. They processed the exchange but didn't want to refund me the difference in price, I believe that is called stealing! After purchasing from sears for years now I will never purchase from them again!

• San Jose, CA

When ever I go to a Flea Market to purchase tools, I always enjoy the coverage the college or church or the organization sponsoring the leasing of space to the various vendors affords my purchases.

If anything is wrong, I can call the organization's office up or just "pop in" to get my purchase problem resolved.

Some "other" places try to slide by, suggesting the space leasing organization is not responsible for what a vendor does to promote customer support.

Thank goodness for Flea Markets...

3. tdicarrado, we sincerely apologize for your recent experience with our customer service. We are saddened we have failed to meet your expectations regarding your kitchen sink online order. We would like to connect you with our case management team for investigation and complete our commitment to you! At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com so you don’t have to be concerned by this any longer. In the email please provide the best contact phone number or the number to which the items were purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (tdicarrado) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Thank you,

Christine R.
    MySears Community Moderator

4. Hi tdicarrado,

Than you for sharing your feedback with us in the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you were not able to get the information you needed from Customer Service and thankful that the manufacturer was able to help.

Please let us know if you are needing additional information or assistance.

Thank you!