Question

I had an item cancelled by Sears from an order but I have still not been refunded for it.

I had an item on pre-order that was cancelled by Sears on July 16th. I was told by customer service that it was cancelled because of an issue with Paypal but they couldn’t explain what exactly the issue was. I had only used Paypal to pay for shipping which had been withdrawn from Paypal at time of purchase and I had redeemed Shop Your Way points to pay for the item. I was told the points I had redeemed for the purchase would be refunded in 7-10 days. It’s past 10 days now and I still haven’t received my refund.

Answers

3 answers

1. Same thing happened to my wife on a dish washer we ordered. We called customer service 4 times in a month and to no avail.

She ended up camping out at the local Sears TWICE for an hour each time to get the money back; six weeks later. The manager was the one who finally got it done.

2. Hi, Chronoclast1! I saw your comment today and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We are sorry for the troubles you have encountered with your pre-order. We can truly understand your frustrations for not being refunded in a timely manner. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your issue and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (chronoclast1), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

3. Hi chronoclast1,

Thank you for bringing your issue to the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your promised refund. I have requested the SearsCares Team to help you with this issue and get your refund to you.

Please check back periodically for a response from our team. They will be requesting additional information so as to help you further.

Thank you!

See More