Question

I had light bulbs burning nonstop in my Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator. I called Sears two days ago and was told that it would take 7 to 10 business days for the part to come in. I wonder what part they were referring to as the entire ubulb unit has been burned. NOW my refrigerator is not cold enough. I am quite disgusted and unhappy to have a refrigerator that is no longer keepin food cold enough and hav a medication that must be refrigerated. I got no notice of a recall and am quite displeased. I found out about the recall when I posted a picture of the burned interior where the bulb had beeen, on Facebook and was told that there was a recall. 7 to 10 business days in inappropriate.

Will I have to contact the BBB or the state attorney general?

Answers

5 answers

1. I had the same thing happen to my refrigerator this morning. I was wondering how your problem was resolved? How much did it cost? Thank you. I melted the inside top of the unit. Gets incredibly hot in unit also.

1. In response to mepoor2

Welcome, mepoor2! Thanks for posting today. You can give the folks at Sears Home Service a call. They should be able to help.

1-800-4-MY-HOME

Let us know how things go!

Thanks!

2. Can you take the bulb out? Forget the BBB, they won't help.

3. Hi Drmaxine,

Thank you for posting with regards to your Kenmore Elite Trio refrigerator repair and recall. Needless to say, we do understand that having medication that needs to be refrigerated is very important as well as properly addressing the matter regarding the appliance recall. My name is Brian and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. I would like to take this time to respond to your post and offer our assistance. We would like to put you in contact with a case manager who will work closely with our repair business partners and do further research concerning the refrigerator recall. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name (Drmaxine), to reference your post to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian R.
    MySears Community Moderator

4. Hi Drmaxine!

I am very sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Kenmore Elite Trio. Your concerns are very important to us and we would like to help you on finding a resolution to these issues you are experiencing.

Your feedback has been escalated to our Sears Cares team so that they may contact you and discuss this further. Please know that once one of our team members responds, we will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back for contact.

Again, we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention!