Question

I had my carpet cleaned by Sears on 10/2/12 (invoice#378663). My carpet was not clean behind the doors and still had spots it. As well as my jewelry is missing (some small gold diamond hoop earring and a gold Minnie mouse charm with necklace). Those items mean alot to me and I know I may never see them again. I called to see if I can get a refund for the not clean and was told to let someone different come out and clean. I have been violated and I don’t want no one in my house, I did agree to let a manager look and see what wasn’t cleaned and I was told by Dave Abrmes that Sear have policies and someone have to come and clean and he can not refund the money. They were very rude to me. I just don’t understand if I have been violated, you want me to let someone else in my house. All I am asking is to be refunded the $123 for the non cleaning that I was charged. I have the pictures to prove the non cleaning..I know I can’t get my items but please help me.

Answers

3 answers

1. Cwornum,

Please accept our apologies for this disappointing experience you had with us cleaning your carpet. We are very sorry for the added stress this incident has caused you. We would like to look into this with you and find a way to end your frustration. We are glad to get us connected with the appropriate lines of business within our company and help sort this out.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the carpet cleaning job was ordered under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Cwornum) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Cwornum! I am so sorry to hear you are unhappy with the job Sears did cleaning your carpet. Check back on this thread shortly for a reply from the SearsCares team. They are happy to discuss this further with you to see what they can do to help. Thanks!

3. Start by filing a police report about the missing / stolen jewelry. Get it on record that the items were there and disappeared when the cleaning crew was in your home.

If Sears (or the contractor that rents the Sears name in order to make you think they are reputable) refuses to refund your money, a small claims lawsuit may be your best bet.

Good luck

See More