Question

I had reserved a Maytag Steam Dryer in my name at a price of 502.$, upon arrival I observed the item was tagged SOLD with my NAME on the Appliance on the sales floor, store 07507 but the price was raised to 729.$, I had to wait 2 days for the store manager to arrive (today 11/26/12) to find out he will still sell it, but for 100$ more then agreed upon, for 602.$. I only had a verbal agreement with an e-mail to verify the sale. I agreed over the phone, offered a CC over the phone, but he couldn\’t take visa, and I find myself shopping online now for a better bargain,(and finding it, but feeling guilty over the latest verbal agreement, on my end) what should I do?

Sears Outlet store 07507 315-339-2140 Rome,NY the manager might be named Dale, I’m not positive about that, but is a male. I made the drive to the store once already.

Answers

3 answers

1. Kellmill61,

We are terribly sorry about any confusion this purchase has caused you. I can certainly understand your concern with making your purchase at the price you had reserved it at initially. We are glad to look into this and together find a satisfactory resolution.
    At your convenience please contact our office via email at smadvisor@searshc.com and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your dryer was reserved under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your MySears screen name (Kellmill61) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,
    Zenaida M.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi kellmill61! Sorry to hear you are disappointed with your experience purchasing a new dryer from your local Outlet store. Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from a SearsCares team member. They will be happy to discuss this with you and see if they can help. Thanks!

3. Was the verbal agreement with the manager and was part of the agreement promising to keep the $502 price for your arrival?