Question

I have a 2011 Craftsman tractor that won’t start. It started once, I backed it out of the garage, turned it off and won’t start now. The transmission bar on the back won’t disengage either. There is spark to the plug, but no gas to the plug. Checked the filter and gas flows freely. Any ideas?

Answers

2 answers

1. o lmdjze,
    • I am sorry you are having a problem with the tractor. If the engine will turn over and the spark plug is not wet, I agree the engine is not getting gas. To confirm this I recommend removing the air filter. Then pour a teaspoon of fuel into the throat of the carburetor. Then try to start the engine. If the engine starts and dies the problem is it is not getting fuel. If you have confirmed you have gas to the carburetor, I recommend cleaning or replacing the carburetor. To clean it you need to disassemble it and flush the passages with carburetor cleaner. Once it is clean, reassemble the carburetor and check the operation. Be sure to use caution when working with fuel and work in a well-ventilated area. If this does not cure the problem, you might want to have it serviced. The tractor has a two year warranty against manufacturer defects. Please call 1-800-469-4663 to set up service. I just want to let you know the battery and other expendable parts are not covered by this warranty. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Mark

2. Hi Imdjze,

Welcome!

I have escalated your email to one of our Experts in Lawn and Garden. Do you have a specific model? This may help in providing you with some trouble shooting tips.

Please check back periodically for a reply from one of our Experts.

Thank you!

See More