Question

I have a 2013 Kenmore ColdSpot Fridge/Freezer. Two problems: The ice seems to fly out (either cubed or crushed) and 1/3 of it always ends up on the floor, instead of gently clunking into a glass. Also, the first cup of water is chilled, but if you fill up a second cup right away, the water is room temperature. Is this normal, or is there a fix? Thank you so much.

Answers

5 answers

1. Greginil, I understand your concern about the ice and water. Unfortunately without the model number, I cannot access any specific information. However, both of these conditions listed will be normal on both counts in most models now. There is no control of how the dispenser, will dispatch the ice. In this case, the best method to make sure the ice only falls in the glass will be to hold the glass of higher and/or use a larger glass. The water reservoirs in many of these units are small and in some models there is no reservoir at all. It may be just the water line from the valve to the filter if it has one and then to the dispenser. I hope this will help you.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

Greg, thank you for the model number. The reservoir in this model is a roll of tubing, which is what most all models use now. The first glass of water will consist of the water still in the tubing inside the door and it may be just slightly chilled. Usually the second and maybe the third glass may be a slight bit cooler but this will depend on the size of the glass being used. The reservoir does not hold much water and when water is being dispensed the fresh water supply is also refilling and mixing with the water in the reservoir. I hope this will help you.

2. In response to SHC-ScottD

Thank you Scott. I had an older side by side fridge prior to this one and always had very cold water every cup, no matter how many I kept refilling. I guess I'll just have to get used to this. Thank you for your response.

2. Hi GREGinIL,

We appreciate you reaching out to our Sears Appliance Experts on this issue.

Would you be able to provide a model number for this unit? This may be helpful for our Experts to assist you with detailed information.

Please know that once one of our Experts responds we will be reaching out via email to help direct you back to this thread for contact.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi there,

Thank you very much for your assistance. The model number is: 106.50023 211 and the serial number is: HR33002920, manufactured 07-13. The ice problem is an annoyance, but I can deal with. The water issue really bothers me, as I like a cold glass of water without having to add ice to it. Thank you again for any assistance you can provide.

Greg