Question

I have a 917.370441 lawn mower. When it gets hot it will not start. Is this a manufacture’s defect? Should I get my money back?

Answers

2 answers

1. poegm,

I am sorry you are having a problem with the new mower. The engine on this mower has an automatic choke. Once you start the engine, the muffler heats up a thermostat. The thermostat has a lever that holds the choke in the off position. If the engine is started and turned off before it comes up to operating temperature, it might not start until the thermostat cools down and allows the choke to close. I recommend letting the engine run for roughly 10 minutes after you start it. This will ensure the engine is at operating temperature. If you are already doing this, I recommend checking the fuel supply. The fuel should be new than five weeks old. If the fuel is fine, I recommend taking the unit where you purchased it. They will be able to resolve this problem for you. They will likely send it in for repair. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance. Mark.

2. Hi poegm! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. Sorry you are having trouble with your mower. I am going to send this along to the Lawn and Garden Experts to weigh in on this issue. They can offer insight on what is wrong with your mower.

Check back right here in a bit for a response.

Thanks!