Question

I have a back garage door with two buttons. I also have another garage door and I lost the remote to it. Well, I would like to use one of the remotes from the back garage for the front garage door. But I dont know how to do it. Every time I try to reprogram the front garage door remote it just keeps opening the back garage door!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Answers

2 answers

1. Thank you for your question.
    I am sorry you are having a problem with the remote. If you want to use a remote from one opener and program it to another door you will need to clear the codes if both openers first. To do that you have to press and hold the learn button down until the light turns off. It usually takes about 6 seconds. Once you have the codes cleared in both units, you can program one remote to one opener and the other remote to the other opener.
    I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Mark

2. Hi OPENTHEDOOR!

Thank you fro reaching out in the MySears Community!

I would be happy to have one of our Sears Experts help you further on providing some troubleshooting tips for you. Do you by chance have the make and model number available? This may help in providing more detailed tips.

Please know that once one of our Experts responds I will be reaching out via email to helping in redirecting you back for further contact.

Thank you!