Question

I have a Calypso Kenmore Elite Washer…10 years old…mid way through a wash cycle I hear a high whining sound and water does not empty. Is it worth getting fixed?

Answers

4 answers

1. Hello gkimt. Your details indicate that you probably have a failed drain pump. Replacing that component yourself would probably cost about $160. If you can complete that project on your own, then it would be worth repairing. To have a technician replace the pump, it would probably cost about $300. It is normally not recommended to spend too much money on repairs for a washer that is 10 years old or older. Even if you replace that drain pump, you could have other components that wear out or begin to fail. If you would need to have a service technician repair the washer, then I recommend that you replace the washer instead of repairing it. I hope that this advice helps. If you need more assistance, let us know.

2. Hi gkimt,

Thank you for posting your question in the MySears Community!

Do you by any chance know the model number to this unit?

One of our Sears Appliance Experts will be responding in regards to what might be causing this high pitched sound. Please check back periodically for a reply.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

The model number is 11022082101

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi gkimt! I think the Appliance Expert was able to sufficiently answer your question without the number. See his reply above!

See More