Question

I have a Craftsman lawn tractor model 28928 and was wondering if a Craftsman snowblower attachment model 842.240744 will work for me. Thanks, Cedarburg, WI

Answers

2 answers

1. The 917.289280 tractor is set up to accept Snow Throwers and Snow blades. The more difficult question is does the older 842.240744 Snow Thrower fit this newer tractor. Under the hood should be a list of all accessories that will fit but it will not include which older snow throwers will fit.
    I do not show any kind of a conversion kit to make this work on your tractor. The snow thrower manufacturer has been out of business for several years so finding any kind of conversion kit to make it fit a newer tractor will be difficult to find. I do not believe the 842.240744 Snow Thrower will fit the 917.289280 Lawn Tractor. I hate giving no for an answer so I will continue to search for a definitive answer to your question and if there are any conversion kits available. I will post additional information as I find it so check this site for updates to this question.

2. Hi Prefontaine,

Great question!

We appreciate you adding the model number for the tractor as well as snow blower for this will be very helpful to our Sears Lawn & Garden Experts so that they can provide further details on the snow blower you had chosen.

Please check back periodically for a response from one of our Experts!

Thank you!

See More