Question

I have a craftsman radial arm saw just stop working, I hit the reset button, and the outlet is working, does it have a fuse? if so where is it located . what else can I try

Answers

8 answers

• San Jose, CA

Is the yellow child-safety inter-lock piece inserted into the saw's switch?

Without that piece present, the saw will not turn on.

• San Jose, CA

What and how thick a piece were you attempting to cut?

How old/ sharp is the saw's blade?

Do you hear any humming coming from the motor?

Is the machine connected to an outlet, via an extension cord?

1. Skipper_2,
    Yes under the top cover of the motor assembly there is a cover that you would need to remove and located under that cover is the manual reset button that I am speaking of.

2. Skipper_2,
    Inside the top cover of the motor assembly there is located a thermal motor protector.Look inside of the top cover and you will see a red button that will need to be pressed down to manually reset the motor. When the red button clicks into place you are good to go. Bill

1. In response to SHC-BillW

there is the motor and then the blade is attached to it on the side of that is a red button that said reset and i pushed it and it still does not work are you talking about taking the top cover off and then there is a motor reset button?

3. Hi Skipper_2, Some of the radial arm saws have a fuse and most have a thermal overload. The thermal overload, like it sounds, is the temperature shutdown. It sounds like one the these items is the issue. I will need the model number to say for sure and if it is a fuse, tell you where it is. Let me know, Bill

1. In response to SHC-BillW

the model number is 113.19771

thank you

4. Hi Skipper_2!

Its great to have you with us in the MySears Community today!

I have escalated your question to our Sears Lawn and Garden Experts to help in figuring out some other troubleshooting tips.

Please check back periodically for a response.

Thank you!

See More