Question

I have a French door bottom freezer model #253.70319211 and the ice make has stopped making ice. All connections are good, and water is still being dispensed. Any suggestions?

Answers

2 answers

1. Thank you Jamieand jeann for your question. My first suggestion would be to try and determine if there is any water/ice in the ice maker mold. If there is no water then a simple test would be to use a turkey baster to add water to the mold and see if it will freeze and harvest the ice. If you add water and the ice maker harvests the ice then the problem is likely the water supply. This can mean the valve is bad or the supply line is blocked with ice. If the ice maker has ice in the mold you can manually start a harvest cycle. You can use a flat blade screwdrive to pry the cover off the ice maker. Pry from the bottom corner. With the cover off you will notice a small gear and a larger gear. Use the screwdriver to turn the smaller motor gear CCW, to the left. This will start the larger gear turning CW to the right. The arms should start to turn. If there is ice the harvest should complete with a fill after the ice is harvested. This type of ice maker can be repaired if there is a heater or motor failure but replacing the ice maker is usually more cost effective and can be a do-it-yourself. I hope this helps. Good Luck.

2. Hi Jamieandjeanne!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Appliance Experts to help with some troubleshooting tips on this issue.

Once one of our team members responds I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back for further contact.

Thank you for reaching out!

See More