Question

i have a gas range with the oven not working properly.it usaully has a very small flame but also goes completely out sometimes and you can smell the gas after a while. the top burners work fine-model #362.75321001

Kenmore gas range, yr. 1998 (I think) model # 362.75321001 ser #0t225529p it takes a long time to ignite and the igniter seems to work fine.

Answers

4 answers

1. Thank you for the additional details. If the broiler and serface burners are all okay then the gas pressure is okay. From the description you give I suspect the problem is the gas valve. To repair this problem I believe will require a new WB19K36 gas valve. The valve is available from the SearsPartsDirect web site. Thank you for using mySearscommunity.

2. I have more info for the problem I am having. I checked the broiler burner per your advise to see if it was doing the same thing. it appears to be working alright. it's just the bottom oven burner that is the problem.
    When the oven burner first comes on, some times the flame is larger at first then dies down and has a larger flame at the far end away from the igniter, but not always.

I hope this new info helps in your conclusion to the problem for me.
    my wife is really on me to this fixed one way or the other and I hate to replace it if I don't have to. it's still a good stove. if you need any other info let me know!

thanks,
    geralded

geralded@aol.com

Lafayette,in 47905

3. Thank you for your question. From the description you give I suspect the main oven burner is not igniting all the time. Does the Broil work better than the Bake burner? If the gas pressure is okay for the top burners then the oven burner or valve is likely the problem. If both the bake and broil burners act the same then the WB19K36 valve is likely the problem. Since the flame is small I suspect the gas smell happens when the burner tries to light again during the cycle. This problem should be looked at by a technician. If there is a delayed ignition then it may soon build up and ignite with enough force to blow the oven door open.

4. Welcome, geralded! Thanks for asking your question today on the MySears Community. One of the Appliance Experts will be able to trouble shoot the issues you are having with your range.

An Expert will post in a bit with a suggestion or two. Once he does, I will let you know via email to ensure you view the response.

Thanks!