Question

I have a Gold Diehard battery, still under warranty, that is dead. The store where I purchased it closed. So I called the next nearest store. Their Auto Center is now closed. I spoke with a Sears representative who spent a great deal of time finding the nearest place to return my dead battery. I discovered that I have to drive over 25 miles to make an exchange. I might add, this battery is 2 years old, with a 36 month full replacement warranty/64 mo. prorated. What good is a warranty if it means I must take time off work, drive over 50 miles round trip to make use of it? Does Sears have any provisions for situations like this? This is causing not only an inconvenience, but more stress than needed during an already stressful time! I would appreciate any help or advice.

Answers

5 answers

1. St.LGal,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter. We certainly understand your frustrations with what has occurred with your battery. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and ensure that your needs are met to your satisfaction. At your earliest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, case#, screen name (St.LGal), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com to ensure this matter is met to your satisfaction. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

Liz,
      I sent the requested information along with a copy of my original invoice for the battery. Just wondering if you rec'd it. If not, I will resend.
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      St.LGal

2. In response to SHC-LizR

St.LGal,

Thank you for reaching out again. We checked our inbox but could not find your original email. If you could please resend your email to smadvisor@searshc.com and make sure your screen name (St.LGal) is included. Once we have that info, the next available case manager will contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you,
      David W.
      MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, St.LGal! Thanks so much for your question! I am going to pass this one along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team, to see what they can to do assist with your battery replacement.

A team member will be by in a bit looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will reach out to you via an email which will include a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thanks, Julie. I would sincerely appreciate it!

See More