Question

I have a ice make in the door of my French door fridge. The ice tray is upside down like it emptied and never inverted back into position. How to i reset the tray?

Sears want to send out a tech but i think there must be a way to reset the tray.

Answers

4 answers

1. Hello Mpepe34, I know it can be disappointing when the icemaker stops working. Without the model number, I will only be able to provide some general information. With most flex tray icemakers, if the tray stops in the harvest (upside down) position, it indicates an internal problem in the icemaker and it will usually have to be replaced. With some flex tray icemakers there will be a test button under the front module that will start the icemaker into a cycle. Now, disconnecting the power to the fridge for 30 seconds and then reconnecting it will reset the main control board and it may also help with this icemaker. I hope this will help you. If you would like more specific information, reply with the complete model and serial number and we will be glad to assist you further.

2. Hi Mpepe34,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I would be happy to have one of our Sears Appliance Experts reach out to help you with this issue. Do you by chance know the make and model number of this unit? This may be helpful to our Experts in providing you with more accurate details in troubleshooting this issue.

Please know that once a response has posted I will be reaching out via email providing a link back to your inquiry for further contact with our Expert.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

The model number is 795.72039.112.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hi Mpepe34, Scott has supplied you the best answer, but can test the icemaker by holding in on the fill button located on the icemaker, for 3 seconds and the I/M will cycle. If it does not cycle the I/M is faulty and must be replaced as a complete unit. Here is a link where you could purchase the icemaker and replace it yourself. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/AEQ73110203/0046/795?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=AEQ73110203 . Or you could have a technician out to do the replacement. We would be happy to talk you through the replacement if you decide to go that route. Bill

See More