Question

I have a Kenmore (Elite) dishwasher a few years old. For some reason when I ran it last night, this morning, the greenlight that stays on when the wash is completed, is flashing and won’t stop. And it obviously didn’t complete the cycle, dishes still dirty. Never have had this happen before. tried to re-set it, restart it, nothing the greenlight just continues to flash?

Anyone with any any idea where to go from here?

Answers

9 answers

1. Hello wilkie71. That flashing green light normally indicates that the control detects a component problem. On some models, the light will blink 7 times, pause and repeat. On that type of dishwasher, a failure in the heater circuit would trip that code. If the light blinks 7 times and pauses, you can check the heating element at the bottom of the tub. If that element is broken, then it will need to be replaced. If the element appears to be okay, you can normally reset the control and see if the dishwasher will operate properly. To reset the control on that type of dishwasher, you can press the Heated Dry, Normal Wash, Heated Dry, Normal Wash buttons quickly in that order. The control will then go into a diagnostic test cycle (about 9 minutes). You can cancel that cycle and see if the dishwasher will work normally. If not, then it will probably need service by a technician. You can all Sears at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME) for service. (Continued below)

1. In response to SHC-LyleW

If the green light blinks in a different manner, then you probably have a different model than the one described above. Post the model number of your dishwasher if you need more help with this problem.

2. In response to SHC-LyleW

Hello SHC-LyleW, I checked and sure enough it was flashing or blinking 7 times, than pausing, and than start flashing again. I checked the heating element which seemed to be fine, atleast not broken anywhere. Than tried the reset as you said, and it went into the diagnostic test cycle, which I canceled, and the green light reset, and I'm running the dishwasher as I speak, no problems so far. Thank you very much for your help, it's greatly appreciated. I can't tell you how happy this makes me, and of course my wife!! Thanks again, you are a life saver!!

3. In response to SHC-LyleW

Hello there

I'm having the same issue, but I do not have a Heat Dry button on my dishwasher. It only shows Hi-Temp Scrub, sani rinse , air dry on the right hand side. Do you know what the code to reset is for this type of dishwasher?

Thank you

4. In response to SHC-LyleW

Hi skregul!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I would be happy to put you in touch with one of our Sears Appliance Experts to help with the reset.

Do you by chance know the make and model number to this unit? It might be helpful for our Experts in providing more of a detailed response.

Once an Expert responds I will be reaching out via email to help in directing you back for contact.

Thank you!

5. In response to SHC-LyleW

skregul, I know it can be frustrating when the dishwasher stops working. Unfortunately, without the model number, I cannot access any information. However, with some models, the control can be reset by disconnecting the power for 30 seconds and then reconnecting it.I hope this helps you.

2. Hi wilkie71,

Thank you for posting your question in the MySears Community!

I am sorry that you are having issues with your dishwasher. There is nothing more frustrating than having dirty dishes not being cleaned properly by a dishwasher.

Please check back for I am going to have one of our SearsCares Appliance Experts help in solving this issue.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thanks, I really appreciate the help! wilkie71.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

You are most welcome!

Please have patience also for you may not get an answer until tomorrow for they do not always work evenings. But they will answer once they receive my request. ;)

See More