Question

I have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher model 630-1730-3401. I need to replace the drain hose. How do I get to the connection at the bottom of the dishwasher?

Answers

3 answers

1. Hey artex60! I contacted our Appliance Experts, and they asked me to post this suggestion for you:

Thank you for your question. Changing the drain hose is a good do-it-yourself project. You will need to pull the dishwasher out for the best access. Start by removing the lower access panel. There are two T-20 Torx head screws. Remove the screws and tilt the toe/access panel forward and out to remove. This will give you some access. You will need to pull the dishwasher out from under the cabinet and remove the left side panel to access the drain hose. There may be enough slack in the water and electrical line so you can pull the unit out far enough without disconnecting the water line or electrical line. Remember to turn the power off first. I hope this helps.

2. Hi artex60! Welcome to MySears! One of the Appliance Experts will be able to help steer you in the right direction on this repair.

You may also want to download your owner's manual from ManageMyLife.com, if you have not done so already. That may be helpful to guide you through the fix.

Check back right here soon for a reply from an Expert.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you for your question. Changing the drain hose is a good do-it-yourself project. You will need to pull the dishwasher out for the best access. Start by removing the lower access panel. There are two T-20 Torx head screws. Remove the screws and tilt the toe/access panel forward and out to remove. This will give you some access. You will need to pull the dishwasher out from under the cabinet and remove the left side panel to access the drain hose. There may be enough slack in the water and electrical line so you can pull the unit out far enough without disconnecting the water line or electrical line. Remember to turn the power off first