Question

I have a kenmore elite dishwasher that was repaired today. However, when the clamp broke it on Sunday it pumped tons of water all over my floors through the floors and down into the ceiling on the lower level of the house. I called Sears and they connected me with the Warehouse to file my claim…does that make sense?

Hardwood floors are separating and curling a little. Ceiling has about 15 feet by 1 foot of water damage.

Answers

5 answers

1. Dear Calimar75,

We apologize for the challenges you’ve experienced concerning your dishwasher repairs. My name is Mina with the Sears Social Media Support team. We certainly understand the importance in having your situation addressed and resolved in a timely manner. We would be more than happy to have a dedicated case manager follow up with you to see what repair options may be available and put you in contact with the proper business partners concerning the floor damages. Please send the following information – contact #, the name and phone # used at time of purchase, as well as the screen name to reference your post (Calimar75), to smadvisor@searshc.com and a case manager will contact you directly. Again, we’re sorry for the repair difficulties and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thank you,

Mina H

MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, Calimar75! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I am so sorry to hear about problems you had with your dishwasher. I have sent your concerns on to the SearsCares team, who will be by in just a bit looking to help. I will reach out to your via an email to let you know once they respond.

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

So I still haven't heard from anyone at Sears with regard to my claim. Pretty frustrating with my floor boards curling.
      NOW, my grab and go refrigerator isn't working....and Sears can't fix it until MARCH 1st!!!
      Am I living in some sort of bizarro world? The dishwasher has done more than $3000.00 in damages to my home and no one in claims has called me back in over 4 days.
      The refrigerator isn't working and they can't get someone to me until March 1, 2014.
      My Stove wasn't heating properly after owning it for 6 months.
      We spent over 10,000 on Sears appliances and I am VERY concerned what will happen once our extended plans expire.
      Honestly, Sears is a joke and deserves to go the way of the dinosaur.
      Can't believe we wasted so much money on their faulty **** that's ruining my brand new home only 1 year after purchase.
      Completely unacceptable.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

One more thing, for anyone wondering about whether you should get the protection plan. Get it, because the product quality is **** with a capital C. In one year I had a heating element in my stove go twice, my dishwasher motor seize and a gasket pop that spewed 10 gallons of water into my house, a refrigerator die and a washing machine seize....IN ONE YEAR. So if you are crazy enough to buy a Sears appliance, you better get the plan they push.

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Calimar75,

We're sorry that you situation is still ongoing. We do see that a case manager did reach out and manage to speak with your wife but has not been able to get in touch with you directly. I will forward you post over to the case manager for attention.

Thank you,
      David W.
      MySears Community Moderator