Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Grab-N-Go Refrigerator and the left hand door, the main door, not the Grab-N-Go door, will not stay open by itself. I have had two technicians come out and look at it, and they both have said that it is supposed to swing closed on it’s own, but that makes the French Door feature useless when you have a large tray to put in, or just when you are trying to open the drawers on that side. Is there something I am missing to be able to keep that door from swinging closed?

Technicians have replaced the lower hinge on that door and made sure it is level.

Answers

4 answers

1. JH17, unfortunately, the model is not listed and I cannot access any specific information. However, most doors now have a door closer that will automatically close the door. Normally the closer will only work when the door is opened half way or less. When the door is opened all the way, it should normally stay open. If it still closes, check the cabinet to see if the unit is level. If it has a backwards tilt, it could be causing this problem and leveling the cabinet should resolve this issue. I hope this will help you.

2. Hi JH17,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Do you by chance know the model number to this unit? This may be helpful to our Sears Appliance Experts in providing you with more accurate information.

Please know we will be reaching out via email once a response has posted.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Model Number 795.72069.211

http://www.kenmore.com/kenmore-elite-31-cu-ft-grab-n-go/p-04672069000P?vName=&cName=&sName=

The unit is level. A service technician and myself have both verified this.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

JH17, thank you for the model number. The technicians were correct about the door closing by itself. If the unit is tilted back it helps the doors close easier but even level,the doors will close. The doors are working normal. If the door is opened all the way it should stay open but if only part way, it will close. The only way to prevent this will be to tilt the unit forward.