Question

I have a Kenmore Elite refer. Trying to change water filter 9690. I changed it about 6 months ago (no problem). Now I cannot remove the one that “supposedly” needs to be replaced. Instructions say push to open filter cover, pull cartridge downward, pull out filter catridge. I turned off the water and it will not come out. Any thoughts. Model 795.72053.110 Kenmore (Not so) Elite

Answers

3 answers

1. The filter cover must be FULLY opened. If you have a shelf right below it (which I did) you need to remove that shelf because you cannot fully open the filter cover. Once you remove the shelf that is in the way, fully open the filter cover and then pull the cartridge fully downward and the filter cartridge will be easily removed. I had to have a Sears Repairman show me - hopefully others will not have to call for service after reading this.

2. Kilajack, I'm sorry you are having this problem removing the filter. However, it's not unusual for filters to get stuck and can be hard to remove. When this happens more force will be needed. Sometimes it can help to turn the water supply valve off and then activate the dispenser. This will remove any water pressure that may have built up and can possibly help. If you still don't feel comfortable with this, I recommend having a technician check it. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

3. Hi Kilajack,

Thank you for posting your concerns on replacing the water filter in the MySears Community!

I will be happy to help by having on of our Sears Appliance Experts provide some trouble shooting options to help with the removal of the water filter.

Please check back periodically for a reply!

Thank you!

See More