Question

I have a kenmore elite refrigerator and the ice maker is in the bottom of it. The ice maker works but it makes one large ice cube. It makes the regular cubes but in the front it is like gas a leak and runs right out. How do I take the front plastic cover off. To see if I have a leak.. ?

Answers

2 answers

1. Thank you for your question. One large ice cube sounds like the ice maker is overfilling with water. Some models have a water fill time adjustment to reduce the amount of water. Please reply with a model number so I can provide specific information to assist you with this problem. Thank you for using mySearscommunity.

2. Hi Donaldpaynejr! Thanks for posting your question on the MySears Community today. I am going to send your question regarding your fridge ice maker on to the Appliance Experts. They should be able to direct you as to how to take that cover off. I think if you posted the model number of your fridge, they can more accurately answer this for you.

You may also want to check out www.managemylife.com to download the owner's manual of your fridge. That may be useful to this repair, as well.

An Expert will reply in a bit. Once he does, I will reach out to via email to let you know.

Thanks!

See More