Question

I have a Kenmore Elite refrigerator that is less than a year old. Two days ago I got an error message on the display screen that reads “eR- in”. The water and ice dispensers quit working. I can unplug the unit and the message goes away but returns a few hours later. In the meantime, it will dispense water and ice, but won’t make new ice. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it??

Answers

4 answers

1. Scott, I'm sorry you are having this problem with the refrigerator. The error code listed is very strange and without the model number, I cannot access any information. I checked several different brands and models and this is not showing to be a valid error code. If this is the correct code being displayed, then it will probably lead to a defective control board. If you would like more specific information, reply with the complete model number and we will be glad to assist you further. However, since this unit is still under the first year warranty, I strongly recommend having a technician check and make the repair. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

Thanks for the info!! The error message is actually eR-i(or it may be a 1)n. The model number is 795.7204 3.112. Any more information you can provide would be helpful.

2. In response to SHC-ScottD

Sorry!! Wrong error message again. eR-i( or1)f.

3. In response to SHC-ScottD

Scott, thank you for the updated error code and for the model number. This code is for the icemaker fan motor. There is a new evaporator grill assembly # AEB73785610 that should correct this problem. There will be some adjustments on this grill that will need to be made that a technician will need to make. You can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out. I hope this will help you.