Question

I have a Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash HE Dishwasher. None of the washing cycles will turn on. The only thing that turns on is the Cancel (Drain) setting. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Answers

2 answers

1. If the dishwasher will drain then the door switches are okay. If you can not select any cycles or options except Cancel/Drain then the console likely has a stuck or shorted keypad. Make sure the control lock/child lock feature is not turned on. The Heated Dry/Air Dry keypad controls theis feature. If the control lock feature is not turned on then I suspect the console has a stuck or shorted keypad and will need to be replaced. Replacing the console can be a do-it-yourself project if you feel so inclined. I hope this helps.

2. Hi tealpsu,

Thank you for joining the MySears Community and posting your question!

Oh no, that is not good especially when the dishes are starting to pile up if you have a good sized family. I would like to help by escalating to our Sears Expert Appliance Team whom will be able to provide you with some trouble shooting options.

Do you know the model number of your appliance? You can find it on the inside outer edge of machine, or the inside edge of the door. This number can help our Experts in pinpointing the correct information for your appliance.

Please check back periodically for one our Experts will leave a response with the best tips that they can provide.

Thank you!

See More