Question

I have a Kenmore front loading washer, model 417.44152400 that does not spin, just makes a buzzing noise. There have been times in the past it did not drain properly and but when switched to drain and spin it would work. Is this a motor or belt problem?

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello anitamomofboys. The buzzing noise is probably the drain pump running when the washer is in the spin mode. The belt and motor are probably okay if the basket tumbles in the wash mode. When the washer fails to spin, the control will normally signal an error code with blinking lights. The error code will usually point the technician to the cause of your spin failure in the washer. If you see the lights blinking on the control when the washer fails to spin, I recommend that you have the washer serviced by a technician. You can call Sears for service at 1-800-469-4663 (1-800-4MY-HOME).

2. Hi anitamomofboy! Thanks for posting your question today-you have come to the right place. I am sure one of the Appliance experts can diagnose the issue you are having with your washer. Check back right here in a bit for a response.