Question

I have a Kenmore HE elite washer which I bought in 2008. The grey seal popped out in the front along with a silver metal circular spring thing that popped off as well. The grey seal is easy to manipulate where does the silver circular thing go?

Answers

2 answers

1. The circular spring is the retainer spring used to hold the front of the bellows/boot seal to the front panel. The retainer spring has a screw that can be used to tighten or loosen the spring. The washer front panel should have a lip the bellows fits over. Care must be used to remount the bellow and spring so no leaks occur. Removing the bellows is usually done to access the door switch if needed. Fit the bellow around the lip on the fron panel first then replac the spring after turning the screw for more slack. Tighten the screw. Tighten the screw but do not over tighten the screw. Damage to the bellows can occur if the spring is tightened to much. I hope this helps.

2. Hi Hillaryf01! Thanks so much for posting your question today. I think an Appliance Expert can let you know where that part goes. It would be super helpful if you could post the model number of your washer-this will help them to accurately answer your inquiry.

Thanks!