Question

I have a Kenmore Model# 795.72034.111 refrigerator and the ice maker stopped working. I changed the water filter yesterday thinking that may be the problem. I have since noticed the ice tray is upside down in the dispensing position and will not reset. Any thoughts or recomendations?

Forgot to mention it is an in-door ice maker.

Answers

4 answers

1. Thank you for your question Palmyra. I have two things to try. First on the side of the ice maker is an on/off power switch. The the switch off for a few minutes then turn the power to the ice maker back on. With the power is turned on the ice maker should try to position the try in the correct position to receive water. If that does not work then you can try to enter the Test mode by pressing the Fill key for at least 3 seconds. If the test is ran then the ice maker sould move to Harvest position, Fill position and then ice making postion. I hope this helps. You can reply below with any additional details for further assistance. I would also point out if the ice maker faills then replacement may be more economical than repair.

1. In response to SHC-FredM

Thank you. I tried the first suggestion and nothing changed. Can you tell me where the "Fill Key" is so I can try your second suggestion.

This is disappointing with the refrigerator being just over one-year old.

Thank you again.

2. In response to SHC-FredM

Hello Fran_O, I will assist you this morning since Fred is not here yet. I'm sorry the icemaker did not respond to the test. Unfortunately, this style of icemaker does not have a fill key (button) to start it manually, instead it will have a small button under the module head that can be pressed to start it manually. Now, the bad news is that usually when the tray on these icemakers gets stuck in the twisted or upside down position, it indicates an internal problem inside the icemaker, which cannot be repaired. The icemaker # AEQ72910408 will need to most likely be replaced. It's available at Sears PartDirect. Here is the link you can access for the icemaker. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/AEQ72910408/0046/795 . I hope this will help you.

2. Hi Fran_O!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your ice maker. I have forwarded your concerns on to our Sears Appliance Experts so that they can reach out to assist you further.

Once one of our Experts responds, I will be contacting you by email in directing you back to view and make contact with their response.

Thank you for reaching out on this issue!

See More