Question

I have a Kenmore range Model 790.9220214 while baking something at 375 degrees halfway through it started beeping with an f10 error code. In the research I have done it suggested to removed the back panel. I did this to discover the control panel is black (looks like over heated and could have sparked and luckily no fire and it is melted a bit). I called the recall dept and this is not on a recall but I find it hard to believe that this kind of faulty wiring would not be covered. I am really hesistant to have it repaired if this isn’t recalled (and therefore not a “known” bad issue with the range). I don’t want to have this happen again and risk having an actual fire start…Not worth it! Any help would be appreciated. As I said on other external sites I’ve researched this is a recuring problem with other consumers. Thanks

Answers

2 answers

1. Dear K.Kurtz,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We are very concerned by the information you have brought to our attention. Sears takes product safety very serious, and we can certainly understand why this situation with your range would be more than a little concerning to you. We would like the opportunity to look into this issue further, and discuss what options we have to help moving forward. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (K.Kurtz), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
    Brian S.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi K.Kurtz! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for posting your question today. I am sorry to hear you are having such issues with your range. I can understand your concern. I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team, who will be happy to discuss the problems you are having and will do what they can to help.

A team member will visit shortly looking for more information so they can directly connect with you. Once they do, I will reach out via email to let you know.

Thanks!