Question

I have a kenmore refrig side by side it will not dispense ice cubes i pulled the ice cube box out the auger turns i then checked the arm that fits in to this box that is to turn the auger to dispense ice it turns but I then checked to see if it was tight on the shaft the shaft has threads the arm will turn but will not get tight is there some kind of clutch on this arm or is something broken?

Answers

1 answer

1. If the coupling on the end of the motor shaft is spinning free, in some cases only the coupling will need to be replaced but if the threads on the motor shaft are stripped, then the auger motor will also need to be replaced. If the coupling is tight but the motor will not run when the bucket is in place but does run when the bucket is moved, then it would lead to a weak motor and it will need to be replaced. The complete model and serial number will be needed for more specific information. If you would like to have a technician check this, you can call 1-800-469-4663 to schedule a tech to come out.

See More