Question

I have a kitchen water faucet that has what I call a goose neck. When I turn the water on, there is a hesitation befor water starts to flow and sound like there is air in the system. I cannot find any cause; no change in water system, pipes, water pressure, or anything that I can see. What is happening and how can I fix it.

Answers

2 answers

1. Retcounselor. Air in the water lines is a natural occurrence with air bubbles in the water lines and they will accumulate at the faucet head. Please make sure that your aerator is clean on the end of the faucet. If you have a well water system then the check valve in the water system may be leaking slightly and the water in the plumbing lines will leak back a little and that could be the reason for the delay. If it is happening in the hot water line versus the cold water line you water heater may be causing the extra air and delay from mineral build up in the bottom of the water heater.

If you have a city water supply then there may be a back slight back draw on the system and you may want to contact the water supply company to have them check the water meter. You also may want to check with the water company to see if any water line service has been done in your area recently. Any disturbance in the lines will cause air to get in the lines.

2. Hi Retcounselor! We can see if any of our Appliance Experts can help with this one. Check back soon for a reply.