Question

I have a older style Sears garage door openwer and I want it to go up more. I need about 2 inches of clearance and it appears that I do but am unable to figure out how to get the motor to allow me to perform this task. Does anyone have any suggestions

Answers

2 answers

1. Power boy, I will be happy to assist you. I sounds like you need the door to open two more inches, to gain the clearance to pull into the garage. If this correct, please use the following information. The opener has a travel adjustment that controls how far the door opens and closes. The adjusting screws are accessible from the outside of it. Look for an image on the opener that shows the door opening and one beside it that shows the door closing. Above or below those images there should be holes. This is where you make the adjustment. Turn the open screw one full turn and check the operation. If you need more clearance, give it one more turn. I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

2. Hi Powerboy,

Welcome to the MySears Community we are happy to have you with us.

Before we can give suggestions, do you know the style and model number for your garage door?

This will help our Sears Experts provide you with a more accurate answer.

Thank you!