Question

i have a sears band saw model 113.244510 and am having trouble aligning the bottom blade guide. the blade guides are hitting at the back of the blade instead of just behind the gullet. .

Answers

7 answers

1. Thank you for your question.
    I am sorry you are having problem with the band saw. If you have followed the instructions in the manual without success, I recommend moving both of the blade guides and thrust bearings back. Once they are as far back as you can get them, turn one of the wheels by hand to check the tracking of the blade. The blade should ride in the center of the wheels if it is too far forward or back make the necessary adjustments. Once you have the blade set, go ahead and adjust the guides per the manual. You should be able to loosen the setscrew and slide the assembly front to back. After you have the guides set, make the thrust bearing adjustment. If this does not work, something might be bent in the guide that does not allow you to make the necessary adjustments. You may need a technician to take a look at it. Please call 1-800-469-4663 to determine where to take the unit for repair.
    I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you for using Manage my life.
    Mark T.

• San Jose, CA

The 113.244510 is a fairly old model machine. Congratulations on owning one.

You can find the owner's manual for it here: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0908373.pdf

The lower guide adjustment procedures are located on page 12.

The thrust bearing is designed to support the back of the bandsaw while cutting load is being applied.

The whole guide assembly is moved forward and backward to align the side guides with the back gullets of the bandsaw blade teeth, with the thrust bearing dialed back out of the way.

The thrust bearing is then adjusted to support the blade while cutting.

With the side guides adjusted to about two widths of printer paper away from the bandsaw blade on each side of the blade.

Good cutting.

1. roger
      have done that. the top guides an be placed just behind the gullets. the manual says 1/32". however when lining up the bottom with the thrust bearing being, as you suggested, two paper widths from back of blade that puts the guides just catching the back of the blade with only 1/2 of guide actually in a position to support the blade, while not touching. i can send pic of that would help.
      thanks
      W

• San Jose, CA

Go to the Craftsman Community website, accessible through the Craftsman.com site and post up to five pictures in either the Projects or Tips & Techniques section of the site.

You will need to become a site member to post the pictures.

The Craftsman Community site will be moving over to a brand new site between Monday April 15th and hopefully be back up by the end of Wednesday.

Once the upper and lower guides are adjusted to work with one another, blade changes should be much simpler and almost routine.

2. Hi wmeri! Thanks for posting your question today. I am sure one of our Tool Experts can help with this one. Check back soon for a reply from one of them with a suggestion or two.

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

roger
      standing by..........

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

anyone there?

See More