Question

I have a Sears Craftsman garage door opener and I am aggravated that the lights on the opener don’t always turn on. I frequently need to get out the ladder and tighten or sometimes loosen the bulbs to get them to turn on. I have tried all different types of bulbs, heavy duty, appliance, cfl, incandescent, etc. The unit is well mounted and doesn’t seem to vibrate an excessive amount. Any suggestions?

Answers

2 answers

1. Hi Kayelsey,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I can see how frustrating that would be to have to continue to find a way to turn the lights on.

We would love to help you by having one of our SearsCares team members reach out and help in solving this issue.

Please check back shortly for a reply.

Thank you ;)

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Hello Kayelsey;

Based on your symptom and details I suspect a loose wire connection for the lights. I would first remove the bulbs and look in the center of the bulb base and locate the center contact. NOTE: Unplug the unit before servicing. After disconnecting the power cord and removing the bulbs, stick you finger in the base and bend the center contact spring out so it makes a good and constant connection to the center terminal on the light bulb. If this does not help, it could have loose wire connection in the light circuit or possibly a loose solder joint or wire connection on the control board.

See More