Question

I have a Sears Craftsman ride-on tractor that I purchased in 2011. It has been used about 15 times and was garaged over the winter. Trying to start for the first time this spring and it won’t start. When I turn the key, it just makes a clicking sound as if the battery is trying to fire the engine. Not sure what to do as I paid enough for the thing and do not feel that it is reasonable given that the machine is not even two years old to sink more money into repairs. Will Sears send someone out to help me get it started or shall I just send in the bill?

Answers

2 answers

1. o dhendrie,
    o I am sorry you are having a problem with the tractor. By the sounds of it, I suspect the battery may be dead. If you have a battery charger, I recommend charging the battery first. If you do not have a charger, you can try to jump-start it. The instructions for jump-starting the tractor are located in the manual. If the engine starts by just starting it I recommend letting it run for about a half an hour. This will charge the battery. If the tractor will not start by jumping it I recommend having a service technician come out. The tractor has a two year warranty against manufacturer defects. Please call 1-800-469-4663 to set up service. I just want to let you know the battery and other expendable parts are not covered by this warranty.
    • I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
    Mark

2. Hi dhendrie,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

I have escalated you email to one of our Experts in Lawn and Garden in hopes that they can help in providing some trouble shooting tips in getting your tractor started. Do you have a specific model? This may help in providing accurate information in regards to getting your Ride-On up and running.

Please check back periodically for one of our Experts will be replying with some helpful tips.

Thank you!

See More