Question

I have a sears service agreement on a kenmore dryer. Scheduled an appointment and explained that the front panel was not working. Service man arrived December 26, took one look at panel “You need a new panel” Duh! Ordered panel and said he would be back January 7. January 6, call from service dept said panel is backordered to March 21- 3 months. No guarantee then. Sears offered to pay for rental but I hve no room to store extra dryer and would require tearing out doors to move down hall. Just having hard tiime believing the main part on a 7 year old dryer is unavailable. Previous kenmore dryer was 21 years old and workling when I gave to nephew and could still get parts locally. What gives with the ridiculous time table? Service agreement expires in April and doubt will be fixed by then.

8**3**7***

Answers

2 answers

1. Hello, JTice!
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. We thank you for posting about this matter regarding your dryer. We can truly understand how overwhelming this issue has been for you. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to contact you and ensure that your dryer repair needs are met to your satisfaction. We thank you for your contact information and have forwarded this information over to our case management team. If you have any questions or concerns, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (JTice), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi there, JTice! Welcome to MySears! Thanks for sharing your experience with us today. I am so sorry to hear that there is such a wait for that part. I am passing this along to SearsCares, the customer service escalation team. They will be able to work with you on coming to a resolution on this.

A team member will be by shortly looking to help. Once a response is posted, I will send you an email notification letting you know.

Thanks!