Question

I have an elete french door refrigerator 2006 modle. the freezer is defrosting and ther re freezing every few days. Noe the fresh compartment is at room temp. and compressor is not running.

Answers

3 answers

1. Sewardmadm, if the freezer does work for a few days and then defrosts, it would lead to a problem with the control or the compressor may be having a problem trying to start. Unfortunately, without the model number, I cannot access any information about this unit. If the unit is not running at all during this time and if it has an electronic control, disconnect the power for 30 seconds and then reconnect it. This will reset the control. If it starts running and cooling again, the control will need to be replaced. For more assistance, the complete model and serial number will be needed. I hope this will help you.

1. In response to SHC-ScottD

Model number 596.76523500
      S/N is 10473756gl
      It's like it just pours out in to the ice tray making one big mess

2. Hi sewardmadman,

Welcome to the MySears Community!

Do you have a model number your Elite? This may be of help to our Sears Appliance Experts in providing you with more detailed information specifically to your appliance.

I have escalated to our Sears Appliance Experts to see if they can help with some tips for you to try. Please know that once a response is provided, we will be reaching out via email.

Thank you!

See More