Question

I have an extended warranty on my Sears lawn mower, which I purchased in May of 2012. I have had to bring it in for service 3 times for the same problem (carb), and now it is acting up again. How do I get a replacement mower (prefereably a different model at the same price range)?

Each time I bring it to my local Sears for repair, it takes at least 2 and a half weeks to get back (sent to Orlando, I’m told). Also, I am told I will receive a phone call when the mower is ready–I never do. Also, twice I’ve had to follow up on the reimbursement check for lawn care (while mower is in repair), only to be told that the other person didn’t complete the claim (even though I was given a claim number both times). I’m tired of dealing with this. We are planning to purchase kitchen appliances–I have always trusted Sears in the past, but now I am thinking of staying away. How this is handled will determine my future business with Sears.

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

What has been the "problem" with the carbs?

Have they been cleaned or replaced at the Service Depot?

How long does the fuel sit idle in the mower, between uses?

Is the fuel conditioned with either Sea Foam or Stabil fuel additive products to extend the working life of the fuel?

1. Dear Mrgummo,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the manner in which your lawn mower repair and reimbursement of your lawn services have been handled. We certainly understand your frustration with being without your mower in prime lawn mowing season. In addition, to have your mower in three times for the same repair is beyond frustrating. I completely understand how displeased you are with the service you have received so far but hope you will allow us to step in and make things right. We value you as a Sears’ customer. If you would allow us the opportunity, we would like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your mower experience and see what can be done to turn things around. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (mrgummo) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Sincerely,

Susan R.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi Mrgummo,

Thank you for reaching out to us today in the MySears Community!

We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention so that we can help you further. I have escalated to our Sears Cares team so that they can provide you with additional options as well as checking on your reimbursement check that you have not received.

Please check back periodically for a response for they will be requesting additional information to assist you further on these issues.

Thank you!

See More