Question

I have an F30 error message on my Kenmore Range. What does that mean?

I have totally frustrated at this point. I have not been able to get through to customer service with my customer sign in on-line. Have tried two different phone numbers and am getting a real run-around. Thinking seriously about never buying another Sears product.

Answers

4 answers

1. A model number would help but the F30 indicates that the electronic oven control board detects an open oven temperature sensor probe. Acessing and checking the oven temperature probe can be a do-it-yourself project. The probe can be checked with a meter is one is available. The probe is usually located along the top of the oven towards the back. If you can reply with a model number I may be able to offer further assistance.

2. Hi spokgma!

Welcome to the MySears Community!

We would love to help in any way that we can in helping you with this error message. Do you by chance know the model number? This may be helpful to our Appliance Experts in providing a more detailed method response.

Once one of our Experts responds, I will be reaching out by email providing a link back for contact.

Thank you!

1. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Model 790.46591503; Serial NF 804 23163 Jan.2008 is the date on the label.

2. In response to SHC-WendyFD-2

Thank you for the model number. The temperature sensor will be mounted on the back wall. First, disconnect the power. Remove the screws holding the sensor in place and now pull it out far enough to disconnect the wire connector. Now, place the meter leads on the 2 terminals connected to the sensor and at room temperature it should read approx. 1100 ohms. I'm listing a link to a video showing how to remove and check the sensor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YK5PpYyLEw . The range is a different model but the procedure will be the same. I hope this will help you.