Question

I have an Oasis gas dryer model 110 that shows an error code of F40 shortly after pushing the start button. What does this code mean?

Answers

3 answers

1. Thank you for your question.
    In the console, there are two control boards. One is the machine control and the other is the motor control and the F40 error indicates a communication error. That means the two controls are not talking to each other.
    This a problem I'd suggest a technician check and repair. The problem could be a defective inline fuse, thermal fuse, motor, or motor controller. The number to set up service is 1-800-469-4663.
    If you wish to try something before calling the technician then you can access the controls and simply check the harness connections on the control board. Pulling, pushing on the connectors might give a better connection. Be sure to unplug the dryer before servicing.

2. May I respectfully suggest that you post your question at:
    http://www.managemylife.com
    and include the full model number, i.e. all the digits after 110. which just indicates that the dryer was built by Whirlpool.
    Technical questions seem to get answered faster on that Sears site than here.
    Good Luck

3. There are multiple potential causes for this error code. There could be damage to the control board, or a loose connection on the control board, or a blown fuse. It's a loss of communication error code. Without being able to tinker in your dryer, it's hard to say which it is. You can call 800 469 4663 to have a technician check it out and solve the issue.