Question

I have an ongoing marketplace order that’s not been resolved in almost 3 months of emailing and calling. Ordered June 24, paid immediately through Paypal, got wrong item, sent back, still not reimbursed. Much more-Timeline to follow

Here is what has happened from the start.

June 24
I placed order #522314784 on Sears.com , marketplace seller is Better Deals 4U2 for a Macbook Pro for $999.99 and $9.99 shipping. With tax it comes to $1069.98 I pay through Paypal. I never get a tracking order, and am communicating with the seller almost everyday to get that. Sears is supposed to send me that.

July 19
Better Deals 4U2 finally gets the tracking number but it’s come to my town and already been sent back to the sender. I still don’t know if that’s Sears or Better Deals 4U2. I don’t know what they wrote on the package, but it was sent back due to addressee unknown or address unknown or something like that. My correct info was on the order. I have the USPS tracking #’s but don’t want to post them here. My name and address are correct on the order.

July 30
BetterDeals4u2 offers me, via email, a 50% off the price out of his/her own pocket for all the hassle: “what I’m going to do for you since you’ve been so patient and understanding I’m going to refund you 50% off your order and we will still ship your item express shipping. This entire situation was confusing and a unnecessary delay. Also I will tell them to refund you shipping how does that sound?” That sounds great, I happily accepted this offer.

Aug 8
So it gets sent again and arrives while I’m away for a week. I have this tracking number also. My husband leaves it for me to open. I come home Aug 13th, I open it, and it’s an old, very used Power Mac G4 from about 2005 in the new MacBook Pro box. Sears needs it back to file a claim with the carrier for the stolen item.

Aug 14
Sears reimburses my Paypal account for the shipping of $9.99 for order #522314784

Aug 26
I send the wrong delivered old computer to BetterDeals 4u2 and I pay for shipping up front since it’s a marketplace seller and have to be reimbursed for that shipping. My delay in shipping was-normally it’s prepaid from the seller to send back a defective or wrong item. Sears told me they would email a prepaid label to me, then I get an email from someone else at Sears saying I have to send it and pay myself and then get reimbursed because it’s a marketplace seller item. OK so I send it 2nd day, certified $36. I have that tracking number too. I shipped it second day on my own dime cause I wanted to not waste more time.

I communicate with BetterDeals4u2 through email because it’s my only way of having a record of what is said. I emailed Better Deals 4u2 and say the same product is on Sears website with Better Deals 4u2 as the seller but the price is a lot more-almost twice the price as the first one. Can I get this for the same price as the first one that was stolen as well as the 50% off that price. He says yes. He submitted to Sears to change the item’s price on the website and I kept checking so I could place the order, and it never changed after a few days. He said “I see what happened, they were changing the wrong macbooks”.

Aug 30
Better Deals 4U2 submits to Sears the request to reimburse me via Paypal for the first, wrong computer that they now have back.

Sept 3
I call Sears directly to find out what the hold up is on changing the price. I talked to Karen who was very helpful. She said I could place the order at the price posted on the website and the price difference would be refunded back to me in 3-5 days. I do that. My new order # is 554826901 and it $1789 plus $15.99 shipping and tax of $107.34 for a grand total of $1912.33. She documents all this and is very thorough, as was everybody I had previously talked to at Sears. She also explains that I won’t get it till Oct 2 or 3rd, because it’s not in stock. I pay with credit card this time. My old computer is dying, really need the new one. I still have not been refunded for the first one.
I get an email from Sears customer service a little while later saying they cannot lower the price, it has to be done through the marketplace seller. Well he has been telling Sears to change price since Aug 26th and it still hasn’t happened! So I call back and talk to a supervisor, whose name I unfortunately did not write down. She tries to call Better Deals 4u2 and they are closed. She says I’ll get an email after she talks to the Better Deals 4U2
to let me know what’s going on.

Overnight that night, I get 3 emails from different parts of Sears customer service:

1) We are following up on your inquiry regarding Order # 554826901. We want to confirm that our Marketplace Merchant, Better Deals 4u2 was able to resolve your inquiry to your satisfaction. If your inquiry was resolved, no response is necessary. However, if your inquiry was not resolved or you have any additional questions regarding your order, please reply to this email or contact us at 1-800-283-6940 between the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm CST.

2) As per our conversation, we have made it easy for you to contact ” Better Deals 4u2 ” through a link in your Order History on sears.com, in your Order Confirmation email and also in your Shipping Confirmation email to contact them directly.

3) In regards to your order number 522314784, we received your request regarding the order status. We see that the order has been Shipped via USPS tracking number 9114901159815730854140 and Scheduled Delivery Day: September 10, 2013. We apologize for the any inconvenience this may have caused.

The 3rd one has me especially worried because it’s the old order number from 6/24, (the wrong, old computer) not the one I placed 9/3. But it has a tracking number 9114901159815730854140 and is going to arrive to me by 9/10. I was told the computer was not in stock and I wouldn’t get it till 10/2 or 10/3. How can this be? Are they sending back the old one to me again?

Sears sends an email to ask if the Marketplace Seller has fixed the problem, I reply saying no, they reply saying they are still researching the problem and it will take 5-7 days. This happens repeatedly for a few days.

9/9
I see the tracking number date of arrival has changed to today. I see the mailman go by. No package. I call the post office. They are going to talk to the carrier and call me back. I call back later, not having heard from them, and now the package shows as delivered. Not to me. The person I talk to at the post office looks up the tracking number given to me by Sears and it’s media mail, which is papers, not a computer, and weighs 10 oz and cost $2.53 to send. Obviously not my computer.

9/11
Still no refund for first order. Better Deals 4u2 says that he has file a complaint with my post office because it’s an error on this end. How he knows this I don’t know. Doesn’t sound that way to me, but regardless-that’s not my problem. I have now paid for 2 computers and haven’t received the correct one. I am owed the price of the first one, a refund for the shipping back of the wrong one, (minus the second day cost that i did on my own) and a price reduction on the outstanding order. I shouldn’t have to wait till the theft and problems are resolved to have my order fulfilled. This is just insane.

Please can someone help me!!!

Answers

80 answers

1. UPDATE: I did get a chargeback from my bank, but then sears eventually did refund the purchase as well so the chargeback was withdrawn. I believe this was in November. It all worked out but certainly took ALOT of time and frustration. DO NOT buy from this seller, and I suggest that you DO NOT buy from the Sears online marketplace. If you look through the forums there are numerous scams similar to Betterdeals4U2.

This means that it took almost THREE MONTHS to get the money back from Sears and as I mentioned below many others have had the same issue. If you get into the same trouble, keep records of EVERYTHING, and do things over email as much as you can. I will never order anything from Sears.com again, and I hope this seller ends up investigated and stopped.

2. There are NINE people on this thread that have been defrauded in the same way by Sears and/or Betterdeals4U2. Keep posting on this thread and keep a PDF of it in case Sears deletes comments. Refer to my posts below regarding getting your bank/credit card co. involved. Repeat, 9 people have had about $1000 or more STOLEN from them.

1. In response to jhoff1968

Didn't your credit card company do a chargeback for you? The money will be returned to the customers, from other experiences here on this site.

The person whining that the vendor never got the money is correct, Sears has it. The way the payment to the vendor works is they are paid 15 to 45 days after shipment, if nothing was shipped to the customer no payment is made to the vendor. The 45 day delay of payment is used when a vendor is put on notice by Sears.

However, the vendor can credit the customer from their portal/account and Sears will refund the customer, even though the seller never had the money in the their possession.

Most of these people had nothing shipped so the money will be credited fairly quickly.

The people who were shipped a used computer or packs of paper will take longer but all that will be straightened out.

2. In response to jhoff1968

don't try to insult me!!!! I'm a customer that knows the seller isn't to blame so I don't feel its right you're attacking me for it. And by the way how do you know so much. Even the seller didn't know about the 45 day hold. So how do you know so much? And thank you for helping me prove my point.

3. In response to jhoff1968

In reply to Searsiztoblame

I said from the very beginning that the seller could log on to his portal/account and credit the customers. I never said the seller had possession of the money. Although he may of gotten the PayPal money just because the seller played games with the customer for so long.

I am quite sure she will get it refunded.

And for you to complain anyone is attacking you, maybe you should of thought of that before you started calling people liars. Sounds like an attacking word to me.

4. In response to jhoff1968

what is puzzling is how do you know so much? and all it sounds like is that you're taking up for Sears and you're trying to dis-credit the seller and I don't believe that should be your position here buddy. You sound as if you work for Sears and you have also confirmed that the seller is right they don't have the money DUE TO 45 DAY DELAY. So with that being said Sears is in fact holding all of our payments and just giving us a refund. Well That's not what I want I want my Macbook and Sears should have released my funds to the seller and not wait 45 days that isn't okay and it doesn't sound fair at all. so I don't care how you sit here and explain this mess in the end SEARS is wrong and Sears should have sent my payment so I could have received my item. I hope I'm making myself clear

5. In response to jhoff1968

In reply to Searsiztoblame

I didn't discredit the seller the seller did it to themselves.

The 45 delay is put there for a reason. For sellers just like this one.

6. In response to jhoff1968

how do you know were you put on the 45 day delay? how do you know so much?

3. Look at this is more proof that its Sears!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27709953-Sears.com-order-verification-very-strange

1. In response to Searsiz2blame

And so your point is what? I have no idea what the person ordered on that blog. If it is an expensive item and it is express or overnight delivery for said expensive item, yes, Sears will probably verify. Sears did not ask for a Social Security number or financial information over the phone.

So again your point is what?

All that information is probably already in Sears files. Did they have their car serviced at Sears at one time? Then Sears would have the information on the car. Did Sears do work on on a house that they owned? Then Sears would know the property address. All of those questions are harmless but do help verify the identity of a person who knows the answers.

4. The same thing happened to me. I ordered September 13, never got it, Sears told me I had to work with betterdeals4u2, a "shirley doss" told me she'd get me a refund, still haven't gotten one. Sears always refers me back to betterdeals4u2. Completely fed up. We should not have to pay for Sears' bad judgement. I will probably never order from Sears again, but if somebody there could get me a refund, I might.

1. In response to Weissie02

Welcome, Weissie02! I am sorry to hear you have had issues getting your promised refund. I will pass this along to the SearsCares team who can look into this for you.
      A team member will visit in a bit with a response requesting that you send on your contact information so they can directly assist. Once that is posted, I will let you know via email with a link back to this thread.

Thanks!

2. In response to Weissie02

Dear Weissie02,

We're sorry that you're having difficulty receiving the refund that has been promised to you. We'd be more than happy to offer the assistance of a dedicated Case Manager who can help with this matter. We value your business and want to make sure that everything that can be done to help you is being done. Please send an email with your contact information (preferably a phone number) to SMAdvisor@searshc.com. Please include your screen name (Weissie02) for reference to your issue and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

Thanks,

Susan R.
      MySears Community Moderator

3. In response to Weissie02

Actually you will be refunded they kept doing me the same way. They tell you that the seller has your money but they don't. Sears holds on to our money. The reason we didn't get our orders is because most people here didn't want to use their head. First off the seller explained to me that all of the orders were put on delay due to Sears not releasing our payment to them, So when I called Sears the only option is that their going to refund me. The seller didn't know what was going on that is what Sears is doing on their own because its really easy to make this look like the seller's fault. You don't care if the seller is getting paid all you want is your order, correct? well why would they ship our orders out when Sears is refusing to release our money this means we'd all be getting freebies. So I find it funny how People are saying Betterdeals is the crooks when they don't have our money Sears does. Since Sears is holding my money then SEARS SHOULD BE MAILING ME A LAPTOP.

4. In response to Weissie02

I called my bank and reported this incident as fraud. They opened up a claim and refunded me the money (nearly $1000 by the way), while they investigate the matter. I suggest you do the same, call up the credit card company or bank and report this. The bank will take the amount charged BACK from Sears. Keep records of all of your corespondence with Sears.com and Betterdeals4U2. Save a copy of this thread as a PDF as well in case Sears deletes pieces of it (which they have done before). Sears will have to dispute the claim the bank/credit card co poses against Sears/the seller in order to get the money back, and this way you will have some evidence to back you up. Don't rely solely on the responses below, they will ask for your information, then not respond, and when challenged will claim that they responded to you until you make enough of a fuss that they refer you to a case manager, who also will likely not respond to you. There are 9 people who have had this happen to them so far on this thread alone. If enough people attack this from enough angles, we should get our money back.

5. I too have fallen victim to this fraud. I was supposed to get the item and it says it was delivered but it wasn't. In addition the post office has it registered as only weighing 4 ounces which is impossible with a laptop. My big problem is that I used gift cards to pay for this so I don't have a recourse with a credit card company. The sears rep even had the audacity to say that they check out every seller! The only thing left to do is sue them I guess. Any other advice is most welcome!
    I just can't believe a store like sears would let this type of criminal behavior go on...

1. In response to togoodtobetrue1

Welcome, togoodtobetrue1! Thanks for posting on the MySears Community today. I am so sorry you have had issues receiving both your order and a refund. I am going to escalate this to the SearsCares team. They will be able to look into this for you and make sure you are taken care of.
      A team member will respond right here in just a bit. Once they do, I will let you know via email so you can view their reply and be in touch.
      Thanks!

2. In response to togoodtobetrue1

Dear Togoodtobetrue1,

My name is Brian and I am part of the Sears Cares team. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment surrounding your online purchase. Third party vendors can best be viewed as separate retailers that lease selling space on Sears.com. We'd be happy to connect you with one of our dedicated case managers who can help you communicate and work with the vendor in question on a solution. At your earliest convenience please send the following information – contact #, screen name (Togoodtobetrue1), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We do look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thank you,
      Brian S.

3. In response to togoodtobetrue1

Interestingly enough there appears to be a lawsuit against the seller in question and Sears, with several other companies named.

http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/trademark-lawsuits/new-york-southern-district-court/522099/more-lee-l-l-c-v-sears-holding-corporation-et-al/summary/

I don't know if its related to the clear fraud that is occurring in our cases however.

4. In response to togoodtobetrue1

I just want to let you and everyone know that sears promised me a refund and I received the giftcards( I stupidly paid with sears giftcards) BUT THERE WAS NO MONEY ON ANY OF THE CARDS!!!! Please give me an explanation for that!

5. In response to togoodtobetrue1

Oh no, togoodtobetrue1! I am so sorry to hear this! I am sending your comment along to your case manager right away. They will be able to get this resolved.

6. So as an update on matters, I still have no received my macbook pro after over a month, and I still have not received any response from smadvisor@searshc.com, the complaint email that was listed below. I'm pretty sure these responses below are largely to show that Sears.com has attempted to redress the issue, but clearly that has not occurred.

If any of you have had the same issues as above, try contacting your banks or credit card's fraud/claims dept., they're usually pretty good about helping you out. BetterDeals4U2 is clearly a pretty shady gig given the elaborate scheme that so MANY of us have gone through in dealing with the company, the fervor with which its "supporters" below defend it, and the lawsuit that seems to be pending against the company and Sears alike (do a quick google search). But the real criminal issue in this is with Sears.com and its lack of care or response to disputes between merchants and customers. Echoing some comments below, I'm sure if Sears.com is as useless as it is to consumers, then they are probably pretty useless to merchants too.

1. In response to jhoff1968

Thanks so much for posting this update, jhoff1968! I am passing your thoughts along to the SearsCares team. Look to hear from someone soon to get this taken care of for you.

2. In response to jhoff1968

Hello, Jhoff1968!
      We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention regarding your online order. My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalation team. Per our records, we recently reached out to you on 10/09/2013. As of yet, we have not received your contact information. At your earliest convenience, please resend the following information – contact #, screen name (jhoff1968), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

3. In response to jhoff1968

Your records are incorrect, as they were in the cases below with other customers who you said you contacted but indeed did not receive any correspondence. These canned (bot-generated) responses attempt to show that Sears is responding in earnest, when it clearly is not. Similarly, I did not receive any calls or emails about the matter, and at the current time the list of people who have been defrauded by Sears and this seller is growing.

4. In response to jhoff1968

To clarify, this is after I sent my initial email (which I have since resent).

5. In response to jhoff1968

Hi jhoff1968,

I am very sorry to hear that you are still waiting for a response. We appreciate you coming in and updating on your status. I have forwarded your concerns as well as email address on to our Sears Cares team.

Thank you and please keep us posted!

6. In response to jhoff1968

Jhoff1968,

We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your refrigerator. We will forward your post over to your case manager. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.

Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

7. In response to jhoff1968

"We are very sorry to hear of your continued frustrations regarding your refrigerator. We will forward your post over to your case manager. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.

Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator"

Ummm, Liz R. I'm not so sure it's a refrigerator.

8. In response to jhoff1968

Dear Jhoff1968,
      We do apologize for the miscommunication regarding our previous post. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager concerning issues with your online order. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you.
      Thank you,
      Liz R.
      My Sears Community Moderator

9. In response to jhoff1968

This is another example of a bot response designed to superficially lull us into thinking that Sears cares about the fact that NINE of us have loss THOUSANDS of dollars collectively in a clear case of fraud.

7. You people sound like you're trying to get something for nothing I mean seriously I'm reading this going why would you purchase again from the same merchant if you in fact were "scammed" the first time. Sears has to be really dumb to believe all of this mumbo jumbo

8. Hi, wondering if you ever got an satisfactory resolution? Essentially the same thing happened to me; Pretty sure that comment below about you being a liar is from the seller (cute). I am now dealing with billing disputes to get the charge of the card used. I have exchanged far too many emails with the seller - various people responding from their gmails (professional) and there were red flags along the way that these people are less than upstanding individuals, much less business professionals. I am also interested in seeing when Sears plans to stop watching their customers get swindled and how they plan to take action! If you are reading Sears, here come the options: 1. Remove betterdeals4u2 as a seller 2. Make the effort to screen your third party vendors, I understand you are simply a host, but Amazon.com hold themselves more accountable in this facet - surely a big company name such as Sears might pretend to have a modicum of interest in the semblance of having the best interest of the customer at hand. 3. Look on these message boards and get in touch with your customers - and stop sending bs emails asking if the problem is resolved - -it isn't. I am also out just over $900 and I have every intention of riding this to the finish line. I'm one of those people that is in you top ten.... maybe 5 of people you don't want to cross. And im off the soapbox - anywho... just wondering where your situation is at - if you ever got the money back?

1. In response to jlynnn

You're doing the right thing, have your bank/credit card deal with Sears. This is a clear case of fraud, and involves a major seller. Keep records of all correspondence and a PDF of this thread as it evolves to aid your bank in the dispute. Look at my other response above for more details.

9. To elaborate on my post below, I had the same issue as the original poster described, I ordered the laptop and was told that it would ship several weeks after I bought it, which was strange to begin with. I bought the macbook pro on Sept 11th, and they said it would ship Oct 3rd. I checked the tracking # they gave and it corresponded to some random thing they sent soon after the purchase date, but the email they sent me told me that the tracking number would not be "active" until Oct 3rd. Obviously I have not received the macbook pro, I have no tracking number, and while I normally would give a shipper the benefit of the doubt in these matters, it looks like 3 other people at least have had similar issues, so this is must be a case of fraud. Let me know if anyone has any resolution to this.

10. Hello, I just purchased a laptop today from this company and did not find this thread until after the fact. As a concerned consumer I have emailed the company because I fear that something fraudulent might be going on... This is the response I received from: shirley **** referring to ExSearsLover complaint
    "I understand and I would not have any problem explaining to you how that is just One yes one customer with whom has tried to get over on us they didn't state once how in the end they were refunded and how they were able to keep a brand new laptop also."

Please advise me on the update of this matter. As, I stated before I am just trying to determine if in fact the individual in this complaint can confirm the response from the company.

11. And something about your story doesn't sound right or add up. from what I've read you knew months ago something was wrong and yet you still place another order? You need help alright.I think that maybe your lying because who would purchase again after you say you've purchase like 3 months ago and things weren't right. You sound like you're LYING

12. First off I've ordered as well and I know that Sears isn't telling you that they do not pay them on time so they don't have your money Sears does. But most of you think that its the Marketplace sellers and that isn't true. Sears will tell you one thing and tell them another.

1. In response to Searsiz2blame

Welcome, Searsiz2blame! I am sorry to hear you had some issues with an order. Can we help? Please let us know if your problems have been resolved.

Thanks!

2. In response to Searsiz2blame

I didn't have any issues with Betterdeals4u2 the issue I have is with one of the people on this blog. These people's stories sound really made up and bogus I've ordered from this same merchant and I received my laptop. What I do know is these people are trying to get a free laptop if I wasn't honest I could do like their doing and run with this situation just to get a free Laptop and I believe that is what their doing. They know that if they complain here Sears will refund them and the only scam is the fact that this blog site is allowed. How is a company fraud and you're getting refunded...that sounds like all you so called upset customers are all wanting FREE MERCHANDISE AND SEARS IS **** ENOUGH TO BELIEVE ALL OF THESE LIES AND GARBAGE!!!

13. "I get an email from Sears customer service a little while later saying they cannot lower the price, it has to be done through the marketplace seller. Well he has been telling Sears to change price since Aug 26th and it still hasn’t happened!"

The sellers change their own prices put on photos and have control of the content of their storefront. All the seller needs to do is log on to his account and change the price or remove an item.

1. In response to ServiceLocally

Are you a seller? Cause the seller told me the opposite, and Sears told me also. (that the seller submits to them to change the price and they do it)

2. In response to ServiceLocally

Here ya go, if you want to send it to him and he can work on that 50% off.

https://www.searscommerceservices.com/question/how-do-i-submit-a-partial-refund/

How do I submit a partial refund?

***IMPORTANT*** SELLERS ARE NOW ABLE PROCESS PARTIAL REFUNDS THROUGH THE SELLER PORTAL.

DUE TO THIS SELLER SHOULD NO LONGER SUBMIT PARTIAL REFUNDS THROUGH THE CONTACT US FORM.

ANY PARTIAL REFUNDS SUBMITTED AS AN EXCEL FILE THROUGH THE CONTACT US FORM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED

Please follow the steps below to process a refund/return on an order through the seller portal:

1. Login to the Seller Portal and navigate to the ?Orders? tab (you can use the filter to choose either Active Orders or Older Orders depending on how old the order is).

3. In response to ServiceLocally

I thought I also posted this but I guess not. You also might want to send this to your seller.

"B) Pricing. Seller shall be responsible for establishing prices for its Merchandise. Pricing information shall be entered via the Portal. Seller warrants that all pricing information it provides for its Merchandise Listings is accurate."

https://seller.marketplace.sears.com/SellerPortal/s/docs/legal/fbm_agreement.htm

4. In response to ServiceLocally

Thanks. I sent him what you sent me-the instructions. I don't have high hopes with my seller. Everytime he tells me something, Sears says it wrong, and then they tell me exactly what the seller told me. Sears should be talking to him and then they need to let me know they've fixed it. If the seller doesn't know how to do what he's supposed to do, Sears should be telling him, not me. I don't hear from anyone. I'm the only one emailing or calling about this. It's like pulling teeth in slow motion, for 3 months. Unbelievable.

5. In response to ServiceLocally

This is what my seller wrote back to me. "After that Sears has to approve the changes and Sears still has the control we have to wait 24 to 48 hours for the change to go through and sometimes Sears won't change it they will just remove it all together."

6. In response to ServiceLocally

What is is talking about is sometimes it can take up to 48 hours for the website to update. It is done automatically, Sears approves nothing. All Sears is doing to processing payment from you to him or credit you from him. Sears does not change his prices, he changes the prices and the website updates, easy as that.

He absolutely can credit you from his account/seller portal.

7. In response to ServiceLocally

You need to be careful what you're listening to because this information seems like its from a Sears Rep they do that ya know....they act like their sellers when really their Sears rep trying to cover themselves and also there's other sellers trying to beat their competition....none of this is accurate Sears gave me the run around when I know they are the ones who refunded me in the end

8. In response to ServiceLocally

this is a lie because Sears credited me not the seller so it seems like you're purposely misleading people

14. ExSearsLover, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a disappointing experience with your online purchase. We certainly can see how important is to receive your laptop and refund. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to look into this further and address your concerns. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (ExSearsLover), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you, Liz R. MySears Community Moderator

1. In response to SHC-LizR

I emailed with my info and have not received a call yet.

2. In response to SHC-LizR

ExSearsLover,

We apologize for the delay. We could not find your email that you sent in. I have forwarded you email address to our case management staff for contact by the next available case manager.

Thank you,
      David W.

3. In response to SHC-LizR

Still no phone call or email from a case manager. Just an email asking how I would grade Sears on customer service.

4. In response to SHC-LizR

I forwarded my email with my info again yesterday

5. In response to SHC-LizR

Hey, ExSearsLover! I will let your case manager know so they can reach out today. Thanks!

6. In response to SHC-LizR

ExSearsLover, we apologize for the delay with receiving a response from your case manager. We have forwarded your post over to your case manager for contact. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and troubles this has caused you. Thank you, Liz R. My Sears Community Moderator

7. In response to SHC-LizR

Any update on where you are in the process of getting a refund? My roommate is in the exact same situation, but beginning on September 2. Curious if you're making any headway on this, what seems to be the definition of a scam.

8. In response to SHC-LizR

I wrote to you and you never responded so this seems untrue. How can you not see that these people are just trying to get free laptops this is the oldest trick in the book!!

15. Hi ExSearsLover! Welcome to MySears! I am so sorry you are encountering such issues getting your laptop and refund. This sounds so frustrating! I am going to pass this along to the SearsCares team. They will do what they can to get this resolved. When they respond, I will be sure to email you to make sure you are directly in touch with them.

Thanks!

1. In response to SHC-JulieK

I just came across this thread and I couldn't believe my eyes. This is exactly what has happened to me. I placed an order for the same item on June 24th and I have been waiting over three months. I have wasted hours on the phone with Sears and exchanging emails to Better Deals 4u2 to get this resolved and have made no progress. I will now send an email with my contact info to the address provided by Liz R. above.

ExSearsLover, please post your resolution so I can figure out how to get my order resolved, too.

2. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi kristofferhodges! Thanks for posting your experience today. I will let Liz know you reached out to her so she can keep an eye out for your email.

Keep us posted on the progress of your case. I am sure SearsCares will be able to help get this resolved.

Thanks!

3. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear kristofferhodges,

We appreciate you for taking the time to reach out to us. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We’d like to look into your order and provide you with any assistance deemed necessary to make sure this issue is resolved. We’ve received your email and we’ll have one of our dedicated case manager contact you. However, if you would like to be contacted via phone, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (kristofferhodges), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

4. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you Edwin. I will send an email with my contact information right now.

5. In response to SHC-JulieK

Please let me know if you have any progress... I just ordered a laptop today 10/04/2013 and think that I may have made a big mistake. But remember you have rights and you can and should utilize them. I will let you know my progress but I am not waiting for a month before I start to be proactive. Best regards.

6. In response to SHC-JulieK

Update Sears.com is awesome! I called the fraud department and had a very pleasant man named Martin help me out. After explaining the situation and my concerns he said he would call me back with the findings. It was three hours later and I received the call back. Thank you Sears.com for your fast response. I just was emailed a confirmation that my order was canceled and my card not billed. If anyone is having the same problem get in contact with the fraud department. Unfortunately, with any marketplace open to the public a few bad apples will get through but it takes the consumer to be proactive. Best regards.

7. In response to SHC-JulieK

That is great news jacksd1984!

We appreciate you coming back in and sharing your update with us!

Thank you!

8. In response to SHC-JulieK

What was the number for the fraud department? I think the same thing as above may have happened to me.

9. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi jhoff1968! Welcome to MySears! We can get you in touch with SearsCares if you would like to discuss your experience with them. I am sure they can help.

A team member will respond right here soon looking to help. I will reach out via email once they do to let you know.

Thanks!

10. In response to SHC-JulieK

jhoff1968,

Hi, my name is Brian with the Sears Cares team. Sorry to hear that you may be having some trouble with one of our third party vendors. We would be happy to look further into your situation and assist any way we can. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (jhoff1968) and phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we apologize for any trouble we have caused and we look forward to speaking with you.

Thank you,

Brian H.

11. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi Brian, I responded to you via the method described. Thanks.

12. In response to SHC-JulieK

Well people, it appears my verdict is in. Even though I haven't heard from an actual person from Sears, I got a generic email from Sears saying my order is being refunded. I also got a nasty email from Better Deals 4u2 calling me a liar and saying they didn't send me a beat up computer even though I sent them pictures of the computer they sent me.

I ordered the computer on sale because it was a great deal and I couldn't get it for that price anywhere else. All along I asked not to be refunded because I actually just wanted the computer I ordered.

Now I'll be getting my money back in the next week, but after 3 and a half months of fighting for my order to be fulfilled I still don't have a computer and my refund isn't enough money to buy the computer somewhere else.

I still haven't been reimbursed for the $32.21 that it cost me to ship back the used computer that this company tried to scam me with either and Sears hasn't responded about how they can resolve that expense.

All in all I'm incredibly disappointed, but at least I didn't get scammed out of $1000. Not sure I can trust Sears for future purchases.

13. In response to SHC-JulieK

Well, I'm in the same exact situation with the same exact seller. I guess I'l start working towards a refund. Thanks for the messages. These have been very helpful, just wish I had seen them before I ordered.

14. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi mitchn43! Welcome to MySears! We can get you in touch with SearsCares about your order, if you would like. I am going to send this along to the team so they can respond requesting more information. Once they do, I'll let you know via email.

Thanks!

15. In response to SHC-JulieK

Thank you SHC-JulieK, that would be greatly appreciated.

16. In response to SHC-JulieK

Dear mitchn43,

We appreciate you for taking the time to reach out to us. My name is Edwin and I’m with the Sears Cares Social Media Support team. We apologize that you’re also facing difficulties with your online order. We’d like to look into it and provide you with any available options to assist you in this matter. At your soonest convenience, please send the following information – contact #, screen name (mitchn43), your phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. We look forward talking to you soon.

Thanks,
      Edwin C.

17. In response to SHC-JulieK

so basically all I do is lie (complain) here about a merchant and you guys refund my money and I get to keep the merchandise? yeah this sounds so fraud and all the people on this blog complaining sound as if their making this up just so they can get a free expensive laptop. As sears Moderator's you should be smart enough to see thru the ****!

18. In response to SHC-JulieK

**** that wasn't sears it was the merchant I had the same issue and reached out to the merchant and they have to give the okay to give us back our money. it's very clear your here for the drama

19. In response to SHC-JulieK

Not one person has lied on this thread. The same scam is happening repeatedly. And NO ONE in their right mind keeps up with a silly message board for three months...these people (me included) were scammed and in desperation went to a Sears message board to try to resolve the issue. This was my last resort after making numerous calls and sending emails. I am not here to get a free laptop, but here to find a resolution after being stolen from.

So why would you doubt what we are saying? Why would you attack people who claim to have been stolen from? And why would it matter to you?

20. In response to SHC-JulieK

Hi mitchn43,

We appreciate you sending your contact information to us via email.

I have forwarded this information on to our Sears Cares team to provide to your designated case worker.

Please keep us posted and let us know if we can help you further.

Thank you!

21. In response to SHC-JulieK

I could ask you the same question!!! you're a hypocrite because you're attacking me..I'am a customer as well as you are and I received my macbook. The other customer on here that agrees with me says that he received his order as well with no problems. So I can't help but to think that you're customers who want something for nothing and you're just impatient ******. If they're trying to scam you then why the **** would they even respond to you and try to explain to you what Sears is doing. You act as if you know the other customer personally?? because you're just so sure that their telling the truth. So all I can say is that I have the same right as you do to voice how I feel and I feel that some of you are those customer that for one you can't please and for two just impatient and want sh*t right away. Good things comes to those who wait remember that. If you're this **** hurt then get a refund genius all of this is dumb and upsetting to us loyal customers