Question

I have been a customer of sears for all of my life. A loyal one at that but I am right now in a full blown boycott until this issues i have is fixed. I bought a stove top range during a sale and then a few months later the rehab of my kitchen started. Once we were near completion it was discovered that the stove top was a below vent unit and not a top vent unit and did not fit the opening. So I took this back to Sears and they refused to do anything including exchanging it for the correct model, store credit or anything because it was 90 days past. Now keep in mind this is not a close out or a damaged product but a unit that Sears continues to sell now but they refused to assist me in fixing this problem. So I bought another unit and now I have the other brand new unit sitting in my garage collecting dust. This cost me around $700 and until Sears at the very least offers my store credit I will never step foot in another Sears again. I will give Sears one last chance to do the right thing and if not I plan on cutting my credit cards and closing those accounts as well. So please advise, is this the way Sears treats it most loyal customers????

Answers

3 answers

1. PatrickG703, my name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Cares Escalations team. I saw your comment and wanted to reach out to you to offer our assistance. We are very sorry to hear that you are having such a frustrating experience with your stove. We certainly can see why you are so disappointed and upset over what has occurred with returning the appliance. We would very much like to connect you with a dedicated case manager to further discuss your situation and ensure that the issue is resolved in a timely manner. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (PatrickG703), phone # used at time of purchase to smadvisor@searshc.com. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to speaking with you soon.
    Thank you,
    Liz R.
    MySears Community Moderator

• San Jose, CA

Are you "storing" any other Sears products, for eventual use?

I believe that 90 day store responsibility policy has been with Sears for some time.

Good luck with getting that exemption for being a loyal customer.

Your take is, It's the new and "not-so loyal" customers that have to pay attention to that 90-day guarantee wording.

2. Hi PatrickG702,

We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention in the MySears Community!I am sorry to hear that you are having on-going issues with returning your appliance.

I have escalated your concerns to our Sears Cares team. They will be able to help in making this right for you. If you can please check back with us periodically one our team members will be requesting further information to assist you further.

Thank you!

See More