Question

I have been on the phone for hours trying to find out if my vacuum is back from repair yet. Why can’t I get a straight answer.

Answers

3 answers

• San Jose, CA

The place you dropped your vacuum cleaner off at should have a record of your service receipt and someone who can operate the Service System's older computer, via an ASCII Terminal Emulator.

The stores have PMTs trained to do this.

The Service Center drop-off stations might even have the original dumb ASCII character based terminals, like the one I used a few years back.

If you have the service paperwork with a Service Tag number, that should really speed any computer status checks up.

Good luck.

1. syeb,

Hi, my name is Brian H. with the Sears Cares team. I'm sorry to hear that you are having some trouble getting a status update on your vacuum repair. We'd be happy to look into this further for you and provide you the information you need. At your convenience please contact our office via email at SMAdvisor@searshc.com. In the email please provide a contact number and the phone number the vacuum was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please be sure to include your screen name (syeb) in the email so we can reference your post. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to speak with you soon.

Thank you,

Brian H.
    MySears Community Moderator

2. Hi syeb! Thanks for visiting the MySears Community today. I am so sorry you are having a hard time finding out if your vacuum is repaired. The SearsCares team can look into this for you. Please check back on this thread shortly for a reply from them offering to assist.